What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blutooth connections

trevoriles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to pair my iPad and a Nokia phone today but could not get it to work. Is this because it is not an apple phone?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's because the Bluetooth software on the iPad is only enabled for some keyboards and earphones, won't do data/file transfer or tether via Bluetooth.

blueeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can try some others app to do it again. i have success transfer some photos to ipad use bluetooth , but i found one problem , sometimes when i transfer some photos to ipad , after that when i connect the ipad to PC , the adobe photoshop element or the adobe photoshop album starter programs will crashes when try read the ipad photos , but if delete some photos which is transfer by the bluetooth , it is work fine again.

Vmatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have also noticed some strange issues with bluetooth.
I'm using Belkin BT audio receiver with iPad to get wireless music playing through my home stereos.
It works fine (audio quality is really good) but I need to reset (power off/on) Belkin device after every use to get bluetooth connection active again with iPad.
Not sure is there a bug in Belkin or in iPad related to BT connectivity.
I can live with that but it's not perfect, shame.

millesk71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stock iPad2 issues with Bluetooth Keyboard & Screen Brightness problem

I am also experiencing difficulty w/ a Kensington Bluetooth Keyboard paired to a stock iPad 2. After about 15 to 20 minutes of use my screen brightness declines rapidly. I find that if I turn off the device and the bluetooth connectivity in General Settings, I can readjust the screen brightness to where it was. However that then leaves me with no keyboard and having to go to the touch screen keyboard. Are there known issues with screen brightness and bluetooth connectivity? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I use this device for work and it is a huge interruption when the screen brightness dies, especially in the middle of a presentation...

Hwedhlor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, WiFi & 3Gs with 64 GB. I recently bought a Microsoft Mobile Keyboard 5000 Bluetooth. The keyboard pairs and works beautifully with my HP Touchsmart tm2 under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 2010. When I attempt to use it with my iPad it pairs, but every time I turn the keyboard off, then back on again it requires pairing again. Each time it must be paired it provides a new, 4-digit pairing ID number. That does not happen with the HP Touchsmart, which asked for a longer pairing ID the first time, but thereafter connected without requiring a pairing ID.

Additionally, the MS Mobile Keyboard 500 Bluetooth Delete key functions as a Backspace key.

Microsoft Support has no way to fix this issue and referred me to Apple. Anyone know how can I get this Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard to pair with my iPad 2 and stay paired?

Most reactions