What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood is shooting out of my eyes!!!! :mad:

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't an icon to describe how mad I am...

I put togather a presentation in keynote, but only have powerpoint to display it. SOOOO I upload it to Dropbox, converting it to PPT in the process. Open in PPT to check it and find it is "corrupted". Now, every time I try to work on the file to fix it, Powerpoint LOCKS THE FRICKN" *&&%$ hell up!!!

ARGHGHHH!.

Don't suppose anyone knows what they hells going on, do you?

Thanks,

Hal

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, no.

But it is still on the iPad, yes? Have you tried uploading it a second time to see if it was just a glitch that happened while the file was being transmitted? It does happen now and then. I hope that is it, otherwise it's going to be some bug in the converter, and hard to track down what specific thing is causing the problem.

You could make a duplicates of the presentation, delete half the pages in each (different pages) and try again. Buy repeating this a few times with each file that fails you would soon get down to the exact page that causes the problem. If it's a specific page.

That's all I can think of.

Last edited:
OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, no.

But it is still on the iPad, yes? Have you tried uploading it a second time to see if it was just a glitch that happened while the file was being transmitted? It does happen now and then. I hope that is it, otherwise it's going to be some bug in the converter, and hard to track down what specific thing is causing the problem.

You could make a duplicates of the presentation, delete half the pages in each (different pages) and try again. Buy repeating this a few times with each file that fails you would soon get down to the exact page that causes the problem. If it's a specific page.

That's all I can think of.

Hey Poet,

I tried the first part of what you suggested. No go. Finally ended up having to save my keynote file as a PDF and creating awhole new ppt from that. That sucked. Huge waste of time. I sure hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem. :mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried the first part of what you suggested. No go. Finally ended up having to save my keynote file as a PDF and creating awhole new ppt from that. That sucked. Huge waste of time. I sure hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem. :mad:

I still recommend playing around with the original to see if you can locate the problem slide or slides. If you can figure out what is going on you can avoid it in the future.

Concentrate on unusual transitions (that you can't easily duplicate in Power Point, video, or audio.

Most reactions