What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blogpress problem

Bikerbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Blogpress app to post to my Blogger account, but halfway through a recent trip I kept getting error message saying there was a problem with uploading photos and Therefore it did not post.
I assumed it was just a bandwidth problem with using free wifi abroad, but when I returned home they still won't post, even a test blog with only one photo.
I have contacted the developer and they have suggested I delete and restore the app, the problem is I have 3 weeks worth of unposted blogposts that I'm worried I will lose- the developer seems to be ignoring my email asking if this is the case.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so is there a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you delete the app, all it's content will be deleted as well.

If you do a backup first, you may be abel to restore the content after reinstalling the app. But, a restore will restore the entire iPad. Kind of extreme for getting one apps data back; and there is no 100% guarantee the app's data will be restored.

Your best bet is to manually save all you posts to some other app, by whatever means necessary. I'm not familiar enough with the Blogpress app to offer detailed instructions, but at the very least you can probably use copy/paste to some other text editor. Preferably one compatible with Markup (I'm guessing). Even if you lose your formatting, at least you wont' be starting from scratch.

I'm assuming the developer told you to try these other quick fixes before suggesting you delete the app; but if not give these a try first.
----------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.
and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
Bikerbunny

Bikerbunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I did think it would clear everything. I was hoping that someone might have a work round, but looks like its going to have to be copy and paste text, then read all the photos manually, which will take me ages!

I did not know about clearing apps from RAM, so thanks for that as well, although unfortunately it did not make the app work!

Most reactions

Latest posts