What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blank icons after jailbreak

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? Respringing the device temporarily fixes the problem but it comes back. Also it is not always the same icon, safari, camera and weather mostly. This problem occurs on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s

mata7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have the same problem a few times, respring fix it like you say

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had it affect iMessage. The icon was white instead of the usual green. It was an transient issue and I don't know what I did to resolve it. I had rebooted a bunch of times when I was restoring my Cydia apps. Maybe that's what did it.

Cheers, Dan

OP
S

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also noticing a few blank icons added to my springboard after installing any app using Edited by Moderator - Reference to a piracy app. I'm getting an icon called setup, another called message+ and one called data something?

Last edited by a moderator:

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting helps most of the time. I had the cydia icon go blank and reboot wouldn't help. Letting cydia refresh it's packages fixed it (cydia>changes>refresh).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stevelamont said:
I am also noticing a few blank icons added to my springboard after installing any app using Edited by Moderator - Reference to a piracy app. I'm getting an icon called setup, another called message+ and one called data something?

Installing a piracy app may well be your problem. We do not support piracy on these forums nor do we offer help to pirates. Please read the forum rules.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the suggestions a member of the "Dream Team" made about the white icons problem is to go to Cydia and install something. Anything, even a free tweak. Then, restoring the iPad and the white icons should be gone.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
S

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installing a piracy app may well be your problem. We do not support piracy on these forums nor do we offer help to pirates. Please read the forum rules.

The Archangel

I'm not using it for piracy. I'm using it to get apps that we're pulled from the store and a banking app for my Australian account.

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok GUYS white ICONS are becoming a problem now! namely adsheet, IOS diagnostics etc...

altho they disappear after i respring,they appear back again when ever i install a new app!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
White icons appear because the springboard icon cache is corrupting. You need an app which wipes the cache. There are three I know of which do this...

1) "Respring" - A free tweak from Cydia - Puts an icon on your springboard which resprings the device but ALSO clears the icon cache whilst you are at it.
2) iWipeCache - Does what you would expect an app called that to do...
3) Springtomize2 - A paid tweak which also clears the cache when you respring from inside the app or press the "Reload Settings" button.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White icons appear because the springboard icon cache is corrupting. You need an app which wipes the cache. There are three I know of which do this...

1) "Respring" - A free tweak from Cydia - Puts an icon on your springboard which resprings the device but ALSO clears the icon cache whilst you are at it.
2) iWipeCache - Does what you would expect an app called that to do...
3) Springtomize - A paid tweak which also clears the cache when you respring from inside the app or press the "Reload Settings" button.

Reload settings via springtomize brings the blank apps back on to the springboard

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok GUYS white ICONS are becoming a problem now! namely adsheet, IOS diagnostics etc...

altho they disappear after i respring,they appear back again when ever i install a new app!

I have the same problem, I just deal with it. All the hidden apps show up, but I just respring and I am fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts