What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackberry’s enterprise decline is boosting iPad’s penetration in businesses

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
air.png

BlackBerry is no longer what it used to be for enterprise and government clients. And as its appeal is fading away, Apple’s iPad steps in to fill the gap. Shortly after the launch of the iPad, Steve Jobs said that Apple doesn’t need to market or promote the iPad for enterprise clients as “it’s being grabbed out of our hands, anywaysâ€.

However, this has changed under Cook’s rule and the launch of the new iOS 7 operating system has been used to market the iPad for business users. According to Apple, 94 percent of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 85 percent of the Global 500 are already “testing or deploying†iPads, which is a very impressive number, indeed.

Wedge Partners analyst Brian Blair says that BlackBerry’s decline has opened up a significant opportunity for Apple, since Android continues to struggle to become an interesting proposition for enterprise consumers.

While a more popular platform than iOS globally, [Android] is seeing very low adoption rates in the enterprise overall, particularly with tablets. We believe that most IT managers are avoiding the platform for large-scale rollouts and support due in large part to malware concerns. Our recent work points to tremendous momentum for iPad in the enterprise over the last few months and we believe that this may be one of the most important trends for Apple as we move into the New Year.

Also, let’s not forget that Apple’s latest iPads come with the latest 64-bit platform which should make way for high-performance apps to be released for enterprise use.

Source: AllThingsD

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found this article exceptionally difficult to read , not for its content but more so for the unacceptable number of spelling errors .

Do people not proof read their articles before subjecting their readers to a literary nightmare ?

I gave up reading within the first paragraph , utterly disgusting .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found this article exceptionally difficult to read , not for its content but more so for the unacceptable number of spelling errors . Do people not proof read their articles before subjecting their readers to a literary nightmare ? I gave up reading within the first paragraph , utterly disgusting . Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf
What are you talking about? I don't see any spelling errors unless I'm reading the wrong article.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a lot , ready very carefully and you'll see them . Very bad literacy I'm afraid , very bad .

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a lot , read very carefully and you'll see them . Very bad literacy I'm afraid , very bad . Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My only question about using iPads for serious business use is that the lack of file sharing and management has to be a hindrance at times, doesn't it? I've used mine at work here and there and it's great but it seems that for what we do the lack of file management and such would become an issue. I guess it depends on the business and what they actually do. I see iPads being used more and more in restaurants, cafés, places like that. The cupcakes store in the mall the other day did the whole transaction on an iPad which was cool. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts