What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill-fl Please Read

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was on the Apple website looking to see if Apple has changed "coming soon" to "available". So I went over to accessories to see if there was any thing new. I scrolled down the page and came across this image.

I have to apologize to you. This image below clearly shows a camera attached to the iPad and a full blown image on view leading any one to assume you can preview images on the camera through the iPad.

For those of you wondering why I'm starting this thread in general discussions and not where the conversation began in iPad hacking--it's because that thread had become so political, that I didn't what it refreshed with this new entry.

Here is my apology to you Bill-fl, you were right!

112a134e.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But why would you assume you could preview the images on the camera when the description clearly says, "...gives you two ways to IMPORT photos and videos from a digital camera"

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scott ~ I think Matt is just stating that Bill was right when he stated he SAW that picture that Matt posted. There were some that said he did not really see what he said he saw. I think I was one of them.:eek:

Obviously ~ there it is.

Sorry Bill!

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marie & Scott, The Forum's Dynamic Duo!

Yeah, I felt like I owed Bill-fl an apology because I did not understand where he was coming from and did not reckon that Apple could post something so innocent as the above picture and someone could conclude that picture showed a preview. Afterall, how many people would keep a camera connected to the iPad whilst looking at the photos on the iPad if not to preview that picture?

Oye vey!

On another note, I hope we didn't scare off Bill-fl as I thought he was really striving to understand the technology he just bought. But that other thread in hacking really brought out a lot of opinions that was way off topic. It reminded me of a tea party meeting I attended before the elections when the old Republican leadership was being lambasted by the tea party people for loosing the White House and letting the Democrats walk all over them in the past two years....(I kept asking myself, 'Are we still talking about America?')

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is great for viewing photos but I think that it fails to meet quite reasonable expectations with regard to photos and movies in a number of other areas.

1. The images have to be imported, they can't be viewed from the SD card (or camera).

2. I don't think that you can use the iPad as a backup device because there doesn't seem to be a way to copy imported images OFF the iPad, not even using iTunes. What I would REALLY like to do is transfer files from the SD card to a portable hard drive using the iPad.

3. It seems that the MOV files created by most video cameras cannot be played on the iPad without conversion.

Most reactions

Latest posts