What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigify+ upgrade problem

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I upgraded bigify+ to 2.3 and the same thing happend as with the MobileSubstrate upgrade before.
The iOS turned into something that I see as the iOS for an iPhone (no landscape mode, small icons) and NO app works. Opening ANY app makes the device crash.
But luckily I managed to make the iPad boot in safe mode, I deleted Bigify+ (no cool icons anymore :()
There still is a problem; the device does not crash when opening an app, but most of the apps do not work. The apps crash and it goes back to the springboard.

What happend to my iPad? Anyone know what to do to solve this?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed that all standard apps such as the App Store, mail etc. still work. The jailbreak tweak apps still work too.
It's just the via App Store installed apps that do not work.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The producer of Bigify+ tells me that the latest version is not tested on iOS 4.3.3 yet. GREAT.
So the faulks having iOS 5 are more important and those with iOS 4.3.3 should just have malfunctioning iPads?! :mad:

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what just happend, but I reinstalled a few apps and now all work well again.
But now I don't have Bigify+ anymore... Guess I'll have to wait for another upgrade compatible with iOS 4.3.3.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I've just emailed and asked for a heads up when a stable version that has been tested on 4.3.3 is available.
It must be hard to get everything to work for everybody, I'm sure they will sort something out!

Just been told they are looking into it.

Last edited:
OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try now. If I don't respond in five minutes here, my iPad's in trouble again! :p

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A miracle occured! My iPad 2 has nice icons again without any trouble!
I don't know what it was - might indeed be a downloadglitch - but it works again! Yay! :D

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and uninstalled bigify and that solved it! I was going to to do that but was not sure until I read the thread  thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts