What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bible apps

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dingster1 said:
Have you tried Youversion?

I've downloaded it twice when it opens it says you version then closes immediately back to home screen....somethings wrong with the app I guess

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
i think you got to pay decent money for that unfortunately. i've yet to come across a good free one :(

So you've come across a paid one?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the free "bible" app from itunes. you get to choose the version you want. you can highlight verses. make notes too.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
i have the free "bible" app from itunes. you get to choose the version you want. you can highlight verses. make notes too.

But u can't choose the version u need cause it's not available in any of these that have been mentioned, thanks though

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
I've downloaded it twice when it opens it says you version then closes immediately back to home screen....somethings wrong with the app I guess

I found that if you open it in the other orientation it will work, and then you can open it in either orientation afterwards. Not sure why this happens but that fixed it for me.

dhbailey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:

But u can't choose the version u need cause it's not available in any of these that have been mentioned, thanks though

Olive Tree has different versions -- you have to pay for them, but they're available. I don't know if the version you want is available, but it's worth checking into. I've used this program (Olive Tree) on all my portable devices, going way back to my Palm IIIxe, and still like it the best.

ipadjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some searching and found one on itunes.

Look for RBI8. (Can't post links yet.)

I also found one that someone did in epub which is nice. Other then that, you will have to use isilo from meekspace.

The epub you can find by googling bible for ibooks.

If you cant find it, let me know. I'm sure I'll hit 3 posts by then lol.

Vichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone known of a bible app that has the new world translation in it?

NWT is the Jehovah Witness version if I'm not mistaken. Try NIV, KJV or anything else but don't use the NWT.

I don't think he was requesting a subjective appraisal of his request, but to answer, try searching the App store for an app called jw-bible - while not the greatest app, it does allow you to download the NWT in multiple languages.

If Biblical study is your goal, there are many better apps but they do require use of other translations.

Regards

Most reactions

Latest posts