What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best video to ipad converter

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using winavi converter and the quality is rubbish. It didn't matter so much on the iphone but is pretty ordinary on the Ipad. It's annoying enough to make me want to do soimething about it. Someone told me about wondershare. At the risk of repeting a thread (which of course I've not been able to find, what does everyone think is the fastest good quality video converter.

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mostly avi but the occassional mkv I currently use magic dvd ripper if I have to get it off a dvd. Then WINAVI coverter. This makes it an ipod sized image but on an ipad screen just looks rubbish

What file type are you converting?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake, certainly the Mac version, will do all you want and more.

Kylevoltz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thelaplog.com
I would definitely agree with the handbrake suggestion. I've hardly had an issue converting any HD/SD video for the iPad using that application. If you are in wireless range while viewing your video, AirVideo will convert almost anything on the fly. VLC works with most video except HD mkv, I think the iPad's processor is a little too slow for it.

vivalavi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aura dvd rpper works fine for me, supports many input formats including avi and mkv, you can try.

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the handbreak first and its good. I love VLC so tried that too. It saves the extra step and unless its HD files plays well. I'll use handbreak for the HD stuff and we should be sweet! Thanks for the help.

RTomStudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using AirVideo to convert my movies. You can use Airvideo to convert on the fly or queue a bunch of movies for conversion and add them to itunes for synching and they will be under your video section on your ipad.

Air video seems to convert almost any movie even .mkv

OP
L

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using AirVideo to convert my movies. You can use Airvideo to convert on the fly or queue a bunch of movies for conversion and add them to itunes for synching and they will be under your video section on your ipad.

Air video seems to convert almost any movie even .mkv

This is true, but now I have my VLC I don't need to convert then add to itunes then sync, I just drag and drop so it takes about 1/3 of the time without all of the silly carry on wihth having to convert it. and I can wtch my downloaded stuff by putting it straight on to the ipad and iphone. Did I mention the quality was vastly superior to playing on the stupid apple player? It's brilliant,

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aneesoft products

Use Aneesoft products for quality results.

Jessicaem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I downloaded handbrake ipad converter,it is for free but the speed is very slow

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would ad that I've only converted a couple of movies that I enjoy repeatedly watching for the iPad for the times I'm away from home. The remainder of my collection I just stream with either airvideo or zumocast from one of my other machines. Saves a heck of a lot of storage.

@Kjsre74 I can't answer your question directly as I'm on an osx machine atm but if I remember correctly you should be able to right click on the airvideo icon on the bottom right of your taskbar (when it's running) and select options/preferences and find the numbers you need.

Most reactions

Latest posts