What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best screen protector with NO bubbles ?

claire9971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a screen protector from my local Comet, (now I forget which make it was though) and it is awful, it has left loads of horrible bubbles and it makes my Ipad look so cheap, pictures to show will be posted below. So who can honestly speak good words about a screen protector which they have? Please dont say I heard this ones good, I need you're own personal word because you have had it.

Attachments

• IMG-20101230-00057.jpg
    IMG-20101230-00057.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 1,093

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protectors aren't really needed.

Ever go into an Apple store and see their products covered in protectors?

Wonder how many people touch those things, and still just a simple wipe and it's brand new!

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a good and durable one, The Zagg Invisible shield is a good choice. It is very strong and durable. To apply it, takes some time and patience. I suggest if you do get one, go to a local Best-Buy and they will install it for a small fee. Mine came out with no bubbles and looks perfect. This type of screen cover though leaves behind a faint "Orange Peel" effect. Some people say it alters how sensitive the screen works, but it works fine for me. Or you could just leave it without one. Apple made the screen so it doesn't scratch easily but I guess if you want to be extra safe then this would probably be one of the best choices. To get more info just google it, or look through these forums for a thread about it.(There are many)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moshi iVisor. This protector goes on in about 10 seconds with no bubbles. If I can put this thing on anybody can.

The iPad screen is made of very rugged glass, but it only takes a grain of sand to make a scratch. Talk to any pro photographer and ask them what the easiest way to scratch a lens is. Chances are, sand will be the answer.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the Zagg Invisible Shield. I opted to have mine installed by BB, and the employee did a fine job. No bubbles whatsoever. I do second that it leaves the apt described "orange peel" look, but faint is a good descriptor. I don't really notice it much, and I like my expensive tablet protected! I come from years of screen protectors on devices, and the Zagg is great. I don't have any issue with it affecting screen sensitivity- my screen is smooth as silk.

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't those bubbles usually come out after a few days of use?

I'd imagine any protector could come with or without bubble depending on how carefully it's applied.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you apply it, there are maybe a few small bubbles, but if you leave your ipad alone for about a day they all go away and it looks perfect. If there are any bubbles that persist after a few days, Best buy will replace it with a new one for no extra charge im almost positive.(if you had them put it on in the first place) But if all goes well there shouldnt be any bubbles.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talk to any pro photographer and ask them what the easiest way to scratch a lens is. Chances are, sand will be the answer.

Do they cover their lenses with protective film?

Actually there are some protective films you can put over lenses that won't deteriorate from the image quality that much. Not that it is common by any means.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use an antiglare protector from Brando for my iPad, although I have also used a Zagg screen protector on the iPhone.

The Brando was very easy to apply and works exactly as advertised - it reduces the reflective glare (a bit like going from the old-style glassy CRT monitors to a LCD screen) and practically eliminates fingerprint marks, with no bubbles at all. The Zagg can be a challenge to apply for some users, partly because it needs to be applied with a bottle of solution which helps the film adhere once it dries out.

In any case, regardless of the make of the protector, you need to keep your environment, filter and device surface as dust-free as you can while installing it - bubbles can form because of specks of dust getting onto the surface.

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the ZAGG shield, and it's absolutely great. I don't even notice the "orange peel" effect, in fact the screen works smoothly as if I didn't have a screen shield. I got it installed at a ZAGG kiosk. The rep had told me not to put a case on for a few days so the shield could set properly. I have no bubbles either. Recommended product. :)

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talk to any pro photographer and ask them what the easiest way to scratch a lens is. Chances are, sand will be the answer.

Do they cover their lenses with protective film?

Actually there are some protective films you can put over lenses that won't deteriorate from the image quality that much. Not that it is common by any means.

I always buy either a skylight or UV protective filters for all my DSLR lenses. Much cheaper to replace a filter than send in your lens.

iPhoneKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Best Screen protector for my iPad IMHO is: MOSHI iVisor AG. After trying about 3 different brands I finally found the best of the best. Zero bubbles,perfect lining, 1 minute to install, beautiful looking screen, zero smudges and zero fingerprints!!!. Expensive ($30,00),but you are getting the best!!.

Try it...

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somebody earlier said the ZAGG Insvisble shield which is the best choice of screen protectors. It is made of the same material that is put on Military helicopter blades to prevent corrosion. This shield is somewhat difficult to install but if you are careful and know what you are doing, you will be fine. Mine had bubbles right after installation, but they do work themselves out in a night, you just cant cover the screen with anything, like an ipad folio case. The ZAGG shield is a great buy!

Most reactions