What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to post very basic beginner questions

pandaburns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I got my first iPad on Saturday and have spent a long time reading the tips and tricks on this forum. Still need help wi a few basics though and not sure where is best to post

To get photos on iPad would I use iTunes?
Would I delete them in iTunes too?
Where do document attachments in emails gt saved to? I receive a weekly newsletter from children's school by email and would like to be able to "save" this somewhere easy to refer to regularly without having to look up the email each time I need to check the attachment

Happy to repost these in more detail if you let me know the best places to do this

Thanks in advance

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pandaburns said:
Hi

I got my first iPad on Saturday and have spent a long time reading the tips and tricks on this forum. Still need help wi a few basics though and not sure where is best to post

To get photos on iPad would I use iTunes?
Would I delete them in iTunes too?
Where do document attachments in emails gt saved to? I receive a weekly newsletter from children's school by email and would like to be able to "save" this somewhere easy to refer to regularly without having to look up the email each time I need to check the attachment

Happy to repost these in more detail if you let me know the best places to do this

Thanks in advance

I use iTunes to add photos to my iPad. I created a folder on my pc and called it 'iPad photos' I then copied and pasted folders containing photos in to this main folder. I selected this main folder under the photos tab in iTunes and synced. The photos appear on the iPad in different albums ( in the Photo app), one for each subfolder in your iPad photos folder on your pc. To delete , you delete them from the iPad photos folder on your pc and then resync your iPad.
Photos taken with your iPad, and screen shots and videos, appear in the Photos app too. These can be deleted directly off the iPad.

Others may be able to explain photo streaming for you. I don't use it so can't help there.

If the attachment is a PDF it will save to iBooks. When you touch the attachment the option to open it in another app if you have it installed, appears. If you have Pages, you can save Word docs to there. The easiest way to save an email for quick future reference is to take a screen shot of it, then it can be quickly located in Photos. You take a screen shot by pressing the home and off button together. Screen shots are really handy for lots of things including viewing a webpage off line.

OP
P

pandaburns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, a folder called iPad photos sounds like a good idea as I can be a bit more selective then. Of which photos go in.

Still need to learn to type a bit better too!

Most reactions

Latest posts