What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad app for IM?

sarashah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite is BeeJive IM.
BeeJive IM supports multiple IM services, including AIM, Google Chat, Facebook chat and many others.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for IMO

It's free and it works really well. I like how it tabs your chats while you're talking to several people. I wish it did pictures as well but as far as I know it doesn't. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Albie999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried both IMO and IM+, but seem to have a little trouble with both

With IMO, it does not seem to want to store my username and password for Facebook, it stores all the others for msn etc. If it would store my details, then would probably use this

IM+ is really good, but the problem I have with this, is it does not seem to automatically set you as away in facebook, so I keep getting people wondering why I am ignoring them when I am not using my iPad. Again, this would be a great app, if it would set auto away

Unless anybody knows any fixes for the above?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait a few days? Maybe iOS 5's iMessage will do a good enough job...

Albie999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading up on iMessage, that just seems to be an SMS application, not an IM application for Msn, Facebook etc

mrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO for me....does everything I need....and quite well for a free app

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Albie999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do like IMO, but I seem to have to enter my Facebook details every time, it does not seem to store the details like it does for ,y msn account, even though I have checked save details

Ipadpaws

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello guys.. I've got a weird problem I can't figure out. IM+ has been acting funny as contscts were saying I look offline when I'm not, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it and as if began to load the icon disappeared? I then tried downloading IMO and it did the same. Any ideas? I just want to use a basic MSN on my iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts