What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best free texting app for ipad?

Amaury15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heywire? Text Free?

Hi I just want to know wich is the best app for free texting on the ipad.

Reaction score
I've got Text Free and TextNow. TextNow works best for me. Text Free is hit and miss with incoming texts whereas the other is fast and all texts show up right away.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People outside of the US need text services on the iPad too. Text Free seems to be the only one to provide coverage in Canada. If any of these otherwise work in Canada on a 1G iPad, I'd be happy to look at them. Google Voice does text? There's an app?

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason when I sent a picture to a Verizon cell phone with TextNow, it never showed up. I thought it may be an issue with Verizon.

But then it worked with Textfree.

littlepear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here...

Text Now drops many of my responses. Worries a friend of mine to no end thinking I'm put out with her.

For some reason when I sent a picture to a Verizon cell phone with TextNow, it never showed up. I thought it may be an issue with Verizon.

But then it worked with Textfree.

setman85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend textfree. It should be able to handle picture messages. The other apps (textplus, Heywire, Google Voice) do not really have this support currently.

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you get ones of these texting apps, doesn't that mean you have to set up a new phone number. Then you'd have to get that number to all your contacts. It sounds like a lot of trouble. Or am I misunderstanding how this works?

Most reactions