What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best case for the iPad Pro?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much of a selection of cases for the iPad Pro. What's the best one you've seen so far?

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whatever you get will be heavy do to the size. I purchased the rear Apple cover and the front Smart Cover and they do add weight. Ended up returning for the Logitech keyboard cover which was $11 more with my 10% discount. Not much heavier either.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like having just a slim simple sleeve. eBay has a lot of options but I suspect most are repurposed laptop cases. I'm going to get one anyway, they're like $10 and the case at the Apple store was $80, I'm not going to pay that. Bought a new sleeve for my old iPad for $4 shipped on eBay just this week, so won't be long until they have those in Pro sizes too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Found out today the the Modal smart case for the iPad Pro sold at Best Biuy is not a smart case. It won't turn on/off the screen.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/modal-smart-case-for-apple-ipad-pro-black/4553702.p?id=1219770469543&skuId=4553702&productCategoryId=pcmcat242000050002q

You probably know this, but I'll mention it just in case.

Did you make sure to turn on the Lock/Unlock switch iin Settings > General. It only appears after the iPad has sensed a magnetic (smart) cover, and does not turn on by default (if memory serves).

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I had the settings set to on. I checked it and even reset the ipad to make sure it wasn't the tablet itself.
I even called the company and they confirms that in their instructions they don't actually say it turns your screen on/off. The guy was kinda embarrassed and admitted the title was very misleading by calling it a 'smart' cover. I told him to be prepared to receive a lot of angry phone calls.

You probably know this, but I'll mention it just in case.

Did you make sure to turn on the Lock/Unlock switch iin Settings > General. It only appears after the iPad has sensed a magnetic (smart) cover, and does not turn on by default (if memory serves).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I had the settings set to on. I checked it and even reset the ipad to make sure it wasn't the tablet itself.
I even called the company and they confirms that in their instructions they don't actually say it turns your screen on/off. The guy was kinda embarrassed and admitted the title was very misleading by calling it a 'smart' cover. I told him to be prepared to receive a lot of angry phone calls.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure, because, as you said, Smart Cover is a very misleading name.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the operators at the Modal company in the next few weeks. Hopefully reporting it early will get the "smart" name removed from the description.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how something like this would work with the Apple Pencil?

SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Apple iPad Pro Case

ipad-pro-heavy-duty-case.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Unico...&qid=1447596169&sr=8-4&keywords=ipad+pro+case

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed the description on Amazon mentioned nothing about compatibility with the Apple Pencil. If the built in screen protector is too thick it could affect its operation.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered one. Hope it's as good as you say. I have a Logitech Create keyboard cover but it is heavier than the pro making it way to heavy for just me and the lazy boy in the evening.

cbruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a Moko Ultra Slim case from Amazon for only $7.95 with free shipping (prime). I received it about two weeks before my iPad Pro so I couldn't test it out, but it looked well-made. It said "smart-cover" in the description, but I've been burned by that before. About a week later, I received an email from the company stating that the cover was not equipped with the on/off feature (then why call it a Smart Cover?), but that they were going to be sending me a new cover with the on/off feature free of charge and that I can keep the old one as a back up. They were probably already getting flak for the misleading description. Well, true to their word, I received the new cover and it does have the on/off feature. It is a nice cover and looks identical to the one Best Buy is selling for $49.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased a Moko Ultra Slim case from Amazon for only $7.95 with free shipping (prime). I received it about two weeks before my iPad Pro so I couldn't test it out, but it looked well-made. It said "smart-cover" in the description, but I've been burned by that before. About a week later, I received an email from the company stating that the cover was not equipped with the on/off feature (then why call it a Smart Cover?), but that they were going to be sending me a new cover with the on/off feature free of charge and that I can keep the old one as a back up. They were probably already getting flak for the misleading description. Well, true to their word, I received the new cover and it does have the on/off feature. It is a nice cover and looks identical to the one Best Buy is selling for $49.
I'm glad the company made thing right due to the misleading description. Not all companies would go to the effort.

tdjgordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted something that looked business like and professional. I ordered a great Marino Wool iPad Pro sleeve from a company called "pack & smooch" (Germany) off of the www.etsy.com web site. Cost was a little over $60. It took a couple of weeks to get here (Michigan) but was well worth the wait. Well designed and constructed. Very good quality materials. The important thing for me (outside of the way it looks) was that my iPad Pro with Apple Smart Keyboard and Apple Silicone rear case/cover fits perfectly in the sleeve. Great seller communication with Clemens (the owner and designer) and Lauren (customer service.) Available in a light gray or a dark gray wool (I got the dark gray, my wife got a light gray). To find it on www.etsy.com go here: iPad Pro 12.9 inch Case cover Sleeve 100% Wool Felt, Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather

Most reactions

Latest posts