What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Reservations

atvman29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved a 16GB wi-fi black at my local MN Best Buy and they said that I was 4th in line for that model. Anyone have their ear to the ground on when Best Buy and other retailers are going to be receiving more shipments?

I realize there was a shipments thread, but the majority of it seemed to pertain to online orders.

Anxios to get this thing, though it will make me a total tech mutt..... iPad 2, Windows 7 laptop (ASUS G50Vt-X5), Android phone (Samsung Vibrant), and a PS3. :D

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why did you lock yourself into a single bestbuy? By the time that particular store gets it other retailers will have it too and if the other retailers get it earlier than that bestbuy store then you are "stuck" with their $100 bestbuy card. Now you have to wait for THAT specific store to get stock.

You should have taken your chances with apple.com and if they didn't ship it and you found it in a retailer (ANY bestbuy, target, walmart or apple store) you could have canceled the apple order. Oh well.

OP
A

atvman29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I went with Best Buy was because I have $400 in gift cards from credit card points to Best Buy. Can't argue against an iPad 2 for $100 out of pocket.

I did a reservation because a Best Buy employee told me that they weren't going to set any aside for first come, first serve people. So unless they get more iPads than reservations, no one without a reservation will get one.

It was my best option.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why did you lock yourself into a single bestbuy? By the time that particular store gets it other retailers will have it too and if the other retailers get it earlier than that bestbuy store then you are "stuck" with their $100 bestbuy card. Now you have to wait for THAT specific store to get stock.

You should have taken your chances with apple.com and if they didn't ship it and you found it in a retailer (ANY bestbuy, target, walmart or apple store) you could have canceled the apple order. Oh well.

This is what I ended up doing. I went to BB yesterday and they told me I had to buy a $100 gift card to get my name on a list and I wouldn't get my money back if I decided to go elsewhere. Ordered online at Apple yesterday after noon. F*** Best Buy!

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He said they just give you a gift card, and put your name on a list. I thought it was dumb, thats why I went elsewhere.

OP
A

atvman29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm going to guess that there really isn't any info out there as far as availability or shipments?

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I asked, they told me they havent received any shipments in since release day. lol

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Eden Prairie location yesterday. I got sick of calling the stores everyday and I refuse to wait in line to give Apple my hard earned $500, so I ordered online @ Apple.com. :)

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed as to why people just don't order it directly from the source...Apple. Yeah, you might have to wait 3-5 weeks at this time, but all the gyrations people go through, standing in line, guessing about distribution, etc. The Apple site tells you when you will get it. Seems simple to me.... I used my Staples "Easy" button....:D

(I do understand the OP had coupons, so that is why he went this route)

OP
A

atvman29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Eden Prairie location yesterday. I got sick of calling the stores everyday and I refuse to wait in line to give Apple my hard earned $500, so I ordered online @ Apple.com. :)

Oh nice, that's where my reservation is. They told me they typically have a larger inventory than the other stores in the area. Figured it probably didn't matter.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sp, you don't like my avatar? I'm not too happy with your name either! lol

The smoking baby is a metaphor, try to work it out....I see you joined the same month I did.....:)

Most reactions