What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Date For 3G

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything yet but it wouldn't surprise me to see best buy have a few in stock on April 30th

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best bet is the apple stores. The BBs reported had only 15 in total per store for the wifi. Had no trouble at an apple B&M.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the "5:00 PM" specific hour on 4/30 that gives me pause, but since I'm not gonna stand in line, I'm not really concerned. I'am interested to see how many 3G units will be available to same-day shoppers...but mine is on order anyway.

hendjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday at the local BB I was told they would have 3Gs in on the 29th and thought they would get about 150 units. I didn't go back today but assume they would now revise that to the 30th at 5 PM. Will ask again for sure.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday at the local BB I was told they would have 3Gs in on the 29th and thought they would get about 150 units. I didn't go back today but assume they would now revise that to the 30th at 5 PM. Will ask again for sure.

If they get 150 units, I'm the King of Europe.

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think 5PM is accurate for Best Buy. The orginal after 3:00 PM for walk in at Apple Stores on April 3rd was because of the pre-orders, but at Best Buy you could get one when they opened on the 3rd. I think that Apple pushed the time up to 5:00 PM at there stores because it is a regular work week day.

frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you think it! if stores get 3gs on 4/30 and ours ship on 4/30.i think we got shafted. so i will go to best buy and if i,am lucky and get one . when the one i preorder come in on 5 /5 (5 days shiping) and you got to be home to sign for it .i will return it to apple store unopened. so what was the point of preorder anyways frank

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't going to be anywhere near the event that April 3rd was. I would like to see the statistical information on how many people bought WiFi units only to return them and later purchase 3Gs.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you think it! if stores get 3gs on 4/30 and ours ship on 4/30.i think we got shafted. so i will go to best buy and if i,am lucky and get one . when the one i preorder come in on 5 /5 (5 days shiping) and you got to be home to sign for it .i will return it to apple store unopened. so what was the point of preorder anyways frank

Pardon?

hendjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If they get 150 units, I'm the King of Europe.

They based that estimate on how many wfi units they got for the launch day on the 3rd. Maybe they'll get more or maybe less of the 3g units than on wifi launch day. We'll see. Yesterday they were fully loaded on all sizes of wfi units as they got a shipment in on Monday morning. A few people were looking and a few buying. The local Apple store seems much busier so maybe people are forgetting about the BB stores.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wherever you get it....you won't regret it. It's been a blast to use. Most surprising thing for me so far......how much I prefer reading on it than a hard copy book. Background, font, size, brightness are so customizable....no LCD retina burns or anything close!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The preorders are to be delivered on 4/30 not shipped on 4/30. If you preordered prior to 4/19 you will get it on 4/30.

Most reactions

Latest posts