What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ads you have seen on the iPad so far ;)

SKYY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanrt to know if you already have seen some cool ads on the iPad e.g. in magazines, newspapers or games which you have read or played on the ipad. I mean the opportunities for ads on the iPad are so much wider, you can use flash or html5, you can integrate videos, animated elements, 3D views etc. its amazing.

So have you already seen some ads where you have thought: Damn this ad is pretty cool, not this standard banner bullshit ;)?

Cheers
SKYY

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw on YouTube an American ad about a newspaper that is now in a format for iPad, so you can download the news to your iPad, from the newspaper company. I live in the United Kingdom so I'm not at all familiar with American media, can't tell if it is supposed to be a national newspaper or local news. The ad was like that...

Typical American kitchen with table in the middle, father in business shirt and tie (but not yet with jacket on) and son are both at table having breakfast. Mother is doing some cooking. The man is reading the news on the iPad and there was a fly buzzing about. He sometimes look up and around for the fly then try to focus on his news. Ad cut to show the app on the iPad. Once again we get a view of the man eyeing the fly, then a different view showing the fly land on the table, the man rise his arm and swat the fly, expect that he must've forgotten he no longer use the newspaper and now prefer to use the newspaper's app, so he forgotten he's using an iPad.

As soon as he swat the fly on the table, the iPad's glass smash into pieces and he frozen with horror. Ad cuts to the title of the newspaper, then for the last scence, he lifted his iPad up and shake it softly to get all the smashed glass off.

OP
S

SKYY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess its this one ;) youtube.com/watch?v=Ql71toSXNRY
Funny ad but actually I was more looking for ads which are ON the iPad, like interactive ads which are part of newspaper apps or something like that and not really ads about the iPad and its apps. Anyway had a good laugh ;)

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the ads and features in the first iPad issue of Esquire. I especially like that the issue doesn't take up too much space on the device. 360 degree views, video car ads, and interactive features make this a great magazine app, filled with ads of course.

Most reactions