What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belkin transparent rear cover ...

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rocks!
Fits like a glove and isn't all that easy to get off (thought I was going to break it).
Thought I'd share in my joy. It's nice not having those little plastic feet stuck to the back anymore.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just been looking at this. Its got great reviews. However, I worry that in time, it will cause wear at the contact points: i.e; the corners of the iPad.

Then again- plastic v alloy. Alloy should win every time!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noddy said:
I've just been looking at this. Its got great reviews. However, I worry that in time, it will cause wear at the contact points: i.e; the corners of the iPad.

Then again- plastic v alloy. Alloy should win every time!

It's the dirt, sand and grit that gets into cases that cause the real wear. That's why I prefer stuck-on skins or no case at all.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the_john said:
Rocks!
Fits like a glove and isn't all that easy to get off (thought I was going to break it).
Thought I'd share in my joy. It's nice not having those little plastic feet stuck to the back anymore.

Mine did crack on one corner. I removed it only once and that is the only reason I can think of for the chip in the corner. Bummer!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Big_D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the cover, but like Markbnh1, I already have cracks on three of the corners. I've never removed it. i guess i wont remove it until it falls off now. Though the edges give some way now, not a tight fit anymore, but still doing its job.

SDSkippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you guys are talking about the Belkin Snap Shield mine cracked as well. I got the smoked one and after two weeks of use it started to develop hairline cracks on the edges. I took it back to Target and returned it for a full refund. Several people on reviews mentioned that theirs developed cracks as well. I'm going to wait until Belkin rereleases a better version or something better.

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine installed this afternoon. Fits perfectly with the iPad Smart Cover. I had the Belkin folio folder before but it has started to leave a brown discoloration around the edges of the iPad. I am still looking for something safe to remove the brownish discoloration.

Gemspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Belkin back cover and was happy with it until I noticed cracks in the corners. So I exchanged it and the new cracked too! For the record, i am extremely gentle with my ipad and only use it mounted while teaching, so it wasn't from wear and tear. For the price I thought that it would hold up better. I'm not happy now without reliable coverage on the back. Any other suggestions?

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a cover similar to the Belkin that I purchased on eBay. I've been using it for approximately 2 months. It hasn't cracked and shows no sign of deterioration other than normal wear. I have a second one in reserve for when this one gets scratched up enough that I want to replace it for the sake of appearance. The best thing is, this one can be had for 1/3 the cost of the Belkin, including shipping.

iPad2 Clear Smart Cover MATE Hard PC Case for ipad 2 - eBay (item 270738611841 end time Jun-19-11 19:32:16 PDT)

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Martin, just look on Best Buy's site. That's where I got mine.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had several clear back covers. If you want quality, spend $25 and buy the best, be done with it.

The SwitchEasy CoverBuddy is a class act. I haven't even been able to scratch it from the many surfaces it has rested on. It covers more of the iPad than the other clear covers, fits perfectly, and is designed to work with the SmartCover. It's the last back cover you will need.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to look at the Belkin offerings but their website doesn't work for viewing the cases. Yes, I tried Safari and Chrome. Oh well.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had several clear back covers. If you want quality, spend $25 and buy the best, be done with it.

The SwitchEasy CoverBuddy is a class act. I haven't even been able to scratch it from the many surfaces it has rested on. It covers more of the iPad than the other clear covers, fits perfectly, and is designed to work with the SmartCover. It's the last back cover you will need.

Agree. I looked at the Belkin but for some reason the fact that the speaker area was totally exposed bugged me. The coverbuddy has a grated cut out over the speaker area which offers protection. It's available in 11 different colors (including clear) and works with smart covers. CoverBuddyâ„¢ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy#

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tarkio said:

I have the SmartFit2 which I really like, but I know that Tarkio has both of them and is in a better position to judge. I bought it early and unfortunately paid $40+!

Most reactions

Latest posts