What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belfry

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyOne tried installing this package from cydia? I enables clock, weather, stocks and memo to the iPad. I ask as it has been stuck on "preparing belfry" at the cydia loading screen.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried it. It's definitely glitchy as the developer described. It took ages to install, so you do need to wait. After a quick play around I removed it again. The apps do work, but the UI's are all over the place.

There are still some questions over the legality of obtaining Apples copyrighted material in this way which I'm certainly not convinced about. Just by owning an iPad, you don't have the rights since these apps don't form part of the iPad OS as standard.

The jury is out as they say. Proceed with caution and at your own risk!

OP
S

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have since had it installed and removed. No good for me either. My main want for this was my weather in the notification center but that is not even an option so pointless really. The ui is very buggy as you say.

kicker09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh same issue here, hanging like a monkey on a palm tree. I cannot believe I spent so much money on an ipad and it's system is so constraining it feels like it is crushing my wind pipe. Seriously, just offloading a bit here but a device this expensive should have all the bells and whistles. Not be locking you into a money making scheme that never ends. I have been customizing android for many years now and have heard such great reports about Apple as a producer of top quality technological innovations, but this, among many aspects of the ipad 2 has seriously put me off owning another apple product ever. Already I spent a fortune just downloading themes and apps and each one of them needs something alse in order to function. And then when you finally get them to function, hey guess what, they are eating your ram. Man I tell you what, I am going to donate this device to charity, maybe they can make some toilet paper out of this manipulative system.

Sorry for ranting but I been busy with this device for three days straight, in between hourly naps, and this is just the cherry on the top of the cake. Even my old vodafone 845 has the ability to place a customized widget showing the weather on the front screen. Use this for work? I cannot even use this device to suite my productive environment. Thank you Apple for showing me exactly what I do not want in a device, a restrictive legally controlled and noneffective device that locks you into an never ending cycle of expectations and simple disappointments. I will give it a few more days and try customize this system and get some sort of satisfaction. But really, what a waste of possibilities. I will say however that brand marketing of apple products is excellent and I now know that you could even convince a hedgehog to buy a ipad 2 if you flash a brand in front of his eyes long enough. That darn subliminal infiltration is going to cost an arm and a leg. Good luck MacUseless.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stevelamont said:
Has anyOne tried installing this package from cydia? I enables clock, weather, stocks and memo to the iPad. I ask as it has been stuck on "preparing belfry" at the cydia loading screen.

it's says on the tweak that belfry "will never be comparable on 5.1"

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belfry is what Apple removed from the iPad (Weather, Clock, Calculator, etc). Yes Belfry is incompatible for me as well 5.01.1 now on 5.1.1 iPad 2. It doesn't work for me at all though either.

Pasilius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any alternative availabe out there somewhere?
I would really love to have a weather.app in my notification center

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pasilius said:
Is there any alternative availabe out there somewhere?
I would really love to have a weather.app in my notification center

Search in sections and go to add ons (n.c.) and in there should be weather tweak

Most reactions

Latest posts