What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being driven insane by my ipad beeping

Himynameisrhys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every couple of minutes my iPad beeps 3 times.

Whether im on it or it's sleeping it will beep without fail

I've turned off all sounds, notifications from. My apps, email everything but it still continues to beep?!

Has anyone else had this problem? And how do I fix it? I love this thing but I cannot handle the beeps!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
H

Himynameisrhys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dude but i have already followed those steps, I've even hard reset my iPad with home screen and lock button, but these beeps persist!

Have you ever heard or experienced this issue before?

Is there maybe a clue in the number of beeps indicating a specific fault?

As far as I can tell every thing is running perfect apart from The issue stated :(

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On some apple products, 3 beeps indicates a memory problem. Take a look and see how "full" you are. You may need to clean some stuff out. I'm assuming that your battery has a good charge.

OP
H

Himynameisrhys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i have only had it for 2 weeks and have 53.7gb remaining

and my battery is at 52%

i have also reset all of my settings but not the content and setting option, i dont want to lose my apps.

any ideas guys? this is frustrating as hell!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking, more like available RAM. If there's an issue there, you could be in for a trip to the apple store. An app like Xsysinfo, can display RAM functions and clear stuff up. I hope you don't have a hardware issue, it's hard to say for sure. You could try syncing to you're computer, remove all apps and stuff just to see if an "empty" iPad still beeps. You won't loose any info, and you can put it back later (you'll need to do that anyway if you take it in for warranty).

It's odd that everything still works though, have surfing speeds been affected?

Last edited:

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app called System Status by Jiri Techet and it shows everything running in the background along with tons of other info such as file statistics, memory, processes, system logs and such. It's not free but worth it I think.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have notifications on? I don't use them, but maybe they beep even when muted?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting problem, but it's quite understandable that it's driving you crazy. All I can think is that you must have accidentally changed a setting at some stage. Try going through all your settings, such as alarms, notifications etc to see if there's something there. Either that, or there's a particular app that is causing the problem.

If you can't find it, I suggest take it into an Apple store and get them to fix it.

Good luck!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a faulty RAM Period.
Hardware problem. Need to replace the Internal RAM Device.

Rboyhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had the same problem and the answer turned out to be under Perference -> General -> Sound. Apparently my "New Mail" notification was on with the sound set to Bing. This made sense with Bing sounds happening all the time and randomly.

Hope this helps.
Richard

Most reactions

Latest posts