What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbc iplayer

callchris321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did i read somewhere that the BBC had developed an iplayer app that allowed you to view the iplayer form out side the UK albeit only in certain countries
i have the what i am guessing is the normal iplayer app on my ipad however when in Holland last week and i tries to use it it still said only available in the uk
i have checked the itunes app site but there seems to be no separate app for international use

or did i imagine it ??

any guidance welcome

C

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 'normal' BBC iPlayer app will only work in the UK - it's free and only works in the UK, of course, because the programmes are paid for by UK licence fee payers. However, they are gradually rolling out an international version of the app that will run on a subscription basis. Australia, for example, was rolled out last week. So, when the app becomes available for your country, it will be available in the App Store.

If you're from the UK and living abroad then it's possible to use the UK iPlayer by linking with a VPN network that will 'spoof' a UK IP address.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts