What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bbc iplayer

buzziescott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am complete newbie to iPad. Just trying to use BBC iplayer app and I can't seem to stream a programme. Any ideas?

I have ipad2 32gb

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Are you in the uk? Is your Internet connection adequate?

What happens? does it not load at all? Does it stream a bit but stop and stutter/start? Are you accessing a program that's ready for streaming in the first place?

More info needed

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app works fine, it's probably your Internet connection. That's the problem I have.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

buzziescott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
more questions

Hi,
Thanks for your replies.

I'm in UK and I'm using the wi-fi connection from home. I can view iplayer on other computer in the house, so not sure why it doesn't work from ipad.

When I go to iplayer app I select a programme - it takes about a minute 'thinking' and then it gives me the message "Failed to load programme, please try again later.'

Any further thoughts would be gratefully recieved

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had that problem, too, and have never found a solution, so I'm interested in other Member's comments and suggestions...

Tim

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just downloaded the bbc iplayer last night and i let the program buffer then played the program and works fine im in the uk as well

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yeah, I use the Iplayer every day as well with little or no issues.

It does 'think' a fair bit and I suspect it's not properly optimised to use wireless streaming on the iPad as well as it could because of this. Im on a super fast cable broadband too.

So I think its a general app problem personally

JPSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have BBC iPlayer. Used to stream really well but now it's slow and crap for some reason, as if something has changed and I have a super fast broadband to. I'm in the UK.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
there's a new app update for the player that claims to fix all issues :)

Yes, it's certainly helped me. I've had problems with this app but apart from the occasional stutter it's working perfectly now! I hope this update continues to work!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just fine - I been watching 'Discovery'. But I'm on '3' and get well over 2 Mbps all the time.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts