What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad day for the wife and I

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wife and I have no children so our pets are our kids. Last year we lost 3 pets in a 3 month span so this one really hit us hard. We lost our Miniature Pinscher Ripley today after she suffered from having several strokes. We take very good care of our pets. To give you and idea, my old bird dog "John" had a heated and air conditioner dog house. Ripley broke her neck when she was 3 after jumping off the bed after getting her back claws caught in an afghan blanket and took two surgeries to repair. She lived to 16 years and 6 days which is very rare for a high strung miniature pinscher.

I'm just posting this as a release for me cause I miss her so damn much because she was baby.

She was named after Sigourney Weaver's character in Aliens because she was just as tough and mean to something did not like. She was a one mans dog. :)))

Thanks

I just needed to release

Ripley 01/25/1996 to 01/31/2012

Rest in piece my baby

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry to hear.
it's sure hard to lose a beloved pet, but you can take comfort from knowing the good life you provided her.

take care.

indeana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my MinPin, Princess, almost 4 years ago. She was over 18 YOA. There are days when I miss her terribly. She was ALWAYS happy to see me and she protected my daughter and I as if she was a large dog. I never saw her back down from anything no matter the size of the threat. She was remarkable. I can completely understand how you feel. I will keep your family and Ripley in my thoughts today.

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wawawa. Wanna cry when ever I here that an animal has died:(. I had a bunny but died from something wrong with its stomach :( that was about 1year ago but I still cry for her she was my baby :( nothing I could do :( I won't to study something else so that I can work at an animal rescue place or something like that.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so sorry Randy......Ripley sounds like a cool fur baby....there's nothing worse than loosing a treasured friend.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
The wife and I have no children so our pets are our kids. Last year we lost 3 pets in a 3 month span so this one really hit us hard. We lost our Miniature Pinscher Ripley today after she suffered from having several strokes. We take very good care of our pets. To give you and idea, my old bird dog "John" had a heated and air conditioner dog house. Ripley broke her neck when she was 3 after jumping off the bed after getting her back claws caught in an afghan blanket and took two surgeries to repair. She lived to 16 years and 6 days which is very rare for a high strung miniature pinscher.

I'm just posting this as a release for me cause I miss her so damn much because she was baby.

She was named after Sigourney Weaver's character in Aliens because she was just as tough and mean to something did not like. She was a one mans dog. :)))

Thanks

I just needed to release

Rest in piece my baby

OMG!!!! I am so sorry for your losses!!!! ;' ( I am going to post a very sweet inspirational pet pic for you!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:

Thanks

I just needed to release

Rest in piece my baby

image-2045284783.png

I have to warn you I was silently bawling like a baby when I read this at my desk at work ;). I had to go and fix my makeup. Only had my 5 month old Yorkie for about three weeks now. Counting the years I should be able to have him until his death. I hope to have him for at least the 15 years of his projected lifespan according to the Internet. Try to enjoy!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, Randy! I lost two beloved cats last year and still remember my favourite dog and two of my horses to this day. I shed a tear all the time.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Randy: There really isnt anything I can say that will make you feel better. In many ways, pets (particularly a good dog) are better than people. I wish they lived longer. I have two dogs with me now. Between the three of us, we keep ourselves sane (mostly). Treasure the pets that are still living and remember the good times of the ones that have passed.

Most reactions

Latest posts