What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup

DUCBOS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After update to iOS 5 any communication with my PC I get a error message that backup is corrupt. Delete backup and try again. Where is the backup and how do I delete it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In iTunes, go to File > Preferences > Device. There's a selection in there to delete the backup. Just click on it and you'll be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

DUCBOS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
In iTunes, go to File > Preferences > Device. There's a selection in there to delete the backup. Just click on it and you'll be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Thanks

OP
D

DUCBOS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under edit -> preferences -> device -> there is nothing under backups it's blank
And delete backup is not accessable

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, why should it be easy?!

So, here's some generic computer addresses where iTunes stores backups:

Generic References:

* Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
* Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
* Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Try navigating there and seeing if there are any backups there. If there are, delete any that are for your iPad and then try again (maybe even reboot your computer ... or at least iTunes, just in case). Sometimes, iTunes gets stuck...

Let us know how that goes.

Marilyn

Most reactions