What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backgrounder

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to set a program to say NEVER auto shut down?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah
open backgrounder
go to Overrides
add the app
select the app;
backgrounding method set to backgrounder
enable at launch on
stay enabled on
minimize on toggle on

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. So that will keep it from shutting down even if memory gets low or whatever?

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. So that will keep it from shutting down even if memory gets low or whatever?

no, nothing can stop that. If it runs out of memory it closes apps to free up memory instead of just freezing.

Well, it seems to me the answer to that is really a yes, then.

Assuming you mean what that sentence appears to mean, namely, that Backgrounder forces applications to close other than the one the user has designated as priority.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pointless to assign it a priority if it acts the same no matter what. Either setting forces the browser to close first as soon as i open something else up that takes more memory.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pointless to assign it a priority if it acts the same no matter what. Either setting forces the browser to close first as soon as i open something else up that takes more memory.
If you close the browser with a button push that tells Backgrounder to run it as if it were in the foreground, you're saying that the browser will still close if you open something else, instead of Backgrounder and iOS closing other applications first?

If you're saying this is the case, that the combination of Backgrounder and the native residence of Safari will allow Safari to close even though you've tried to keep it running as if it were in the foreground, then it seems to me that maybe we should re-examine all the recommendations to run Backgrounder instead of just letting iOS handle everything and only allow applications with the native proclivity to run in the memory (Phone, Mail, MCleaner, iBlacklist, etc.).

I do not mean to be difficult...I'm just trying to figure this out.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if the ipad runs out of memory iOS closes what ever app it want to fee up the memory(normally something in background). backgrounder doesn't close apps.

Most reactions