What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up before upgrade...

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this makes me sound stupid (in this case I probably am), but I was thinking of upgrading the pad to 5.1, since there is a JB available.

So. The thing is I don't know how to (if there are any way) back up the present set-up with all the apps, lockscreen, layout etc, to apply the same after upgrade and JB-ing. What I want is to have my pad look exactly as now with only a newer IOS. Without all the hazzle. Last time I had to re-install everything from scratch...

Or, maybe, I need not even go for 5.1?

//Stefan ☕

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would recommend updating to 5.1.1 whilst it is still being signed. Once a new version of IOS comes out you will likely have lost your chance for 5.1.1 forever (assuming Apple patch all the right things).

You probably want to invest in PkgBackup, probably one of the most valuable tools for the jailbreakers arsenal - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...p-safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings.html - That will help you with your backup and restore.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts