What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Azul Player + Atomic Web = Awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These two apps combined are amazing. I can basically download any video file from Atomic, then just open it in Azul. I recommend this combination to anyone who wants to download videos straight to their Ipad. :) Anyone use either of these apps?

Last edited:

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These two apps combined are amazing. I can basically download any video file from Atomic, then just open it Azul. I recommend this combination to anyone who wants to download videos straight to their Ipad. :) Anyone use either of these apps?

I don't use these yet, but will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

dmanson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, i like Atomic & BuzzPlayer combo. Buzz plays everything i throw at it. Use this combo on Ipad 1 & Ipod Touch. Got my folders set up for TV, Movies and Music. It even supports Sub Folders. Of course i use i file, to get these where they need to be. But it's a great combo.

ray44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've use Azul for a while now, and the developers have fixed a few issues I used to have in the past (like ability to play multi-channel audio as stereo) and I like it a lot. I've never used Atomic. Will give it a try. Thx!

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!
I have just installed Atomic Web and I have to say that it's impressive. As usual with me, I was quite skeptic about installing a second browser that I thought it would be pretty much the same as Safari.
I'm having a quick look at the settings and there are loads of options. I wonder if it's possible to set it up as my default browser, so for example when I click on a link on a certain app, it will open automatically in Atomic Web instead of in Safari.

I haven't downloaded Azul, but what is it that users gain from using this media player in combination with Atomic that you don't get in combination with Safari?

Thanks for the tip on Atomic, Killman

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Swecodelico said:
Wow!
I have just installed Atomic Web and I have to say that it's impressive. As usual with me, I was quite skeptic about installing a second browser that I thought it would be pretty much the same as Safari.
I'm having a quick look at the settings and there are loads of options. I wonder if it's possible to set it up as my default browser, so for example when I click on a link on a certain app, it will open automatically in Atomic Web instead of in Safari.

I haven't downloaded Azul, but what is it that users gain from using this media player in combination with Atomic that you don't get in combination with Safari?

We cannot change our default browser on a non-jailbroken iPad... yet.

OP
K

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swecodelico said:
Wow!

Plenty of downloading goodness. It is a bit tricky at first, but once you get manual downloads down, you get almost any video file. I know some tricks to get YouTube videos on there as well, and even plenty of free movies from Stavevu.com, mainly because Azul can handle pretty much every file type, that's the advantage to me, the downloader. I am pretty sure that Safari does not have a downloader. :) Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atomic Web Browser support & marketing

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

I'm delighted with this browser, but I seem to have a problem with some forms: I'm unable to write a post in vBulletin-based forums. I have tried it in this forum, which is powered by vBulletin as well as in Wordreference, also a vBulletin forum. It is unresponsive when I tap on the form. When I tried it with Safari, it worked fine.
Anyway, I suppose this is something to post to the Atomic Web guys.

I still think that the Atomic Web guys have created an outstanding product, but when it comes to support and marketing their product, they need to work a bit harder.
For example, they don't seem to have an introductory video on their product. Their contact page is just an annoying link to 'mailto' and I think they should consider opening a forum or support page instead of having that ridiculous FAQ page.
Anyway, I guess they need time on this, or building up their budget a bit more ;)

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Swecodelico said:
Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

I'm delighted with this browser, but I seem to have a problem with some forms: I'm unable to write a post in vBulletin-based forums. I have tried it in this forum, which is powered by vBulletin as well as in Wordreference, also a vBulletin forum. It is unresponsive when I tap on the form. When I tried it with Safari, it worked fine.
Anyway, I suppose this is something to post to the Atomic Web guys.

I still think that the Atomic Web guys have created an outstanding product, but when it comes to support and marketing their product, they need to work a bit harder.
For example, they don't seem to have an introductory video on their product. Their contact page is just an annoying link to 'mailto' and I think they should consider opening a forum or support page instead of having that ridiculous FAQ page.
Anyway, I guess they need time on this, or building up their budget a bit more ;)

Go to User CP/Options and scroll to the end. You will see that the board has the WSYIWG editor as a default. Change that to "Standard Editor" and you will be able to get into the text box and post normally.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Swecodelico said:
I can't find User CP Options.
Are they under iPad settings or under Atomic Web settings?

Web page settings using Atomic. OK, my understanding is that you cannot enter a post into iPadForums.net with the Atomic Web Browser. Go to the site using Atomic as you normally would, choose iPad Forum (in the bar under the title page), login, you will see User CP between Active Topics and Community at the top of the page (choose that, and then choose Edit Options... the Editor preference is close to the end on the left panel). Some browsers have a hard time handling Rich Text so I am guessing that it will work. Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited:

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you said, it seems like Atomic Web Browser can't handle rich text forms.

I'm writing this with Atomic Web Browser after having changed 'wysiwyg' to 'standard editor extra formatting controls'.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it :)

I'm including the full path in case others have the same problem, and by the way I have some comments for the iPadForums.net guys regarding usability:

iPadForums.net global navigation: User CP (Control Panel) > ...
'Your Control Panel' local navigation (on the left-hand side):
Settings & Options > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options

Att: iPadForums.net webmaster/s
Guys, 'User CP' is definitely a wrong choice for a global nav menu link. Do you think 100% of users know that CP stands for Control Panel? If I'm allowed to guess, I'd say that that percentage is closer to 0% than to 100%.
Please consider changing this to Settings or something similar, something descriptive enough. CP means nothing for most of us.

Also, when I selected 'standard editor' instead of 'WYSIWYG' and clicked on 'Save changes', I didn't get any confirmation message (e.g. "Changes saved successfully"), so I had to get back and find the option again to see if had really worked or not.

These things are confusing for users and should be corrected if possible. Do you guys usually run usability tests?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe most of the terminology is determined by the forum software and it is a standard of sorts. Some things could be modified, though I'm not sure that anyone will want do to it. At any rate, I'm glad it's working for you now. :)

Last edited:

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Azul. I have found the web browsing on the app is decent. I also use the Puffin browser which has flash and there is no monthly fee. For a short flash video it works great. I also enjoy the browsing experience on Puffin. It is the closest thing to a desktop browser. But for downloading and viewing a longer video Azul is great. I download a lot of tv shows from watchseries-online.com and Azul is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions