What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatically inserting symbols option?

Druminfected

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello im trying to figure out how to add the automatic apostrophes when i use the keyboard to type. When i use my android os phone and for instance type a text and use words like im and theyre, it automatically inserts them for me. Is there a way for me to do this on my ipad? Thanks for your time forum members

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello im trying to figure out how to add the automatic apostrophes when i use the keyboard to type. When i use my android os phone and for instance type a text and use words like im and theyre, it automatically inserts them for me. Is there a way for me to do this on my ipad? Thanks for your time forum members

Yes, there sure is.

Go to the General section in your Settings app and scroll down the right side until you see the "Keyboard" line. At the top, you will see five options:

(1) Auto-Capitalization: the beginning of each sentence/new line will have a capital letter
(2) Auto-Correction: this is to fix spelling and punctuation errors (the one you want, specifically)
(3) Check Spelling: if you don't accept the suggestion(s), you will get a red wavy underline for later verification
(4) Enable Caps Lock: makes it so you can lock the shift key when it's tapped twice
(5) "." Shortcut: turning it on will put a period at the end of a sentence/after a word when you double space

In the "for what it's worth department," I have them all on; it helps with my typing. As always, however, YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions