What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio streaming app

Patkc2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking 4 an audio streaming app so I can listen to radio broadcasts. Is there such a critter 4 the IPad?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The two I use are Tunein Radio and Tunemark but there are loads others in the appstore.

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
ooTunes lets you record live radio

TuneIn is what most people use for streaming radio on their iPads. It's $2.99 and comes with 40,000 radio stations. One cool feature about this app is that it lets you pause and rewind the live radio streams (just like DVR). It also lets you stream radio in the background, so you can run other apps simultaneously.

A nice alternative to TuneIn is ooTunes. It's similar, but instead of just pausing and rewinding the songs like TuneIn does, it lets you actually record the songs to your iPad. It's a little pricier at $4.99, but it'll come in handy if you're somewhere w/o internet or just want to save a song you like. You can also get the lyrics of popular songs so you can sing along. It also streams Sirius if you're a subscriber.

Sorash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i used on all my device MOODIO.COM (now they call it yourmuze.com) both work. It's some setup to do on both pc + mobile device. First, sign up n create an account on ur pc. Add as much station u want from a huge list. Them, either smart phone u have, I used it on my bb n iPad, go yo ur browser n type m.yourmuze.fm or m.MOODIO.fm. Then, sign in using ur username n password u created n just highlight the station u want to listen n WAALA.
ps.when u r connecting to the station be patient it will say "connecting to ur muse". Hope this help u guys. It works 4 me all the time n it's FREE.

Racer2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible with any of the mentioned apps to stream also to an air port express station?
I want to listen the music on my stereos and have several air port express stations in the house.

I'm still hoping that a spotify app will come that supports this but a good radio app that allows streaming to stereos would also be very nice.

Thanks and regards,
Tom

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
Some of the radio apps do let you stream to your airport express via a little 'AirPlay' button that looks like this:

Only some of them provide the AirPlay button natively, but there IS a workaround for apps that support multitasking, particularly Pandora. You just play a channel in Pandora, hit Home, open your iPod app, click the Airplay button, then switch back to the Pandora app and the music will stream through the external speakers. This trick works like a charm.

Last edited:

Racer2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for this information. I tought that it is only a matter of time after the iPad update but this is somewhat a shock to me.

Maybe I will in the end anyway go for A solution with a Sonos zone player even though this is a quite expensive solution.

Regards,
Tom

Most reactions

Latest posts