What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Out Problem

SCBrazil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jacking my Home Theatre to my iPad stopped working recently. There is sound from the iPad speakers but when I plug in the jack, everything goes mute. First time this happened I did a 'slide to shutdown' and it worked. But now even that isn't solving the problem. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
SCBrazil said:
Jacking my Home Theatre to my iPad stopped working recently. There is sound from the iPad speakers but when I plug in the jack, everything goes mute. First time this happened I did a 'slide to shutdown' and it worked. But now even that isn't solving the problem. Any suggestions please?

Have you raised the volume after plugging in the jack? The ipad's internal speakers and the headphone jack have different volume settings, so you can have one muted, while the other is blasting at full power.

The other thing to check is, whether the jack is fully inserted. On the iPad 2, it can take a bit of a force to have it inserted all the way.

If this does not solve the problem, than maybe your home theatre setup is set to use a different input than the headphone jack.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OK - this is probably not going to work, but we've had several members with this problem. However, since you've been using the headphone jack for a while it's probably not going to help you but.....just in case......

The headphone jack/socket in the iPad is a very tight fit and it really has to be pushed *very* firmly home to seat properly. We've had several members who have reported the exact same problem as you and found it was simply that they had not pushed the headphone plug in firmly enough. It's particularly a problem, too, if you have certain protective cases on the iPad where the cut-out for the headphone socket can be slightly misaligned, causing the plug moulding to catch on the edge of the case material, thus preventing it seating properly.

As I said, it probably won't help - but....hoping...

Tim

OP
S

SCBrazil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Option Nº 1. So simple - turn the volume up. This had been driving me crazy for weeks. Thanks very much for your time. I feel a little stupid now!

Most reactions

Latest posts