What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audible Map Directions Using Bluetooth

gsl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The update from iOS 5.1 to iOS 6 was made successfully 9/29/2012.

Siri is impressive. I am able to communicate with Siri over my car's audio system via Bluetooth.

When using the map application, however, audible directions continue to come out over the speaker in the iPad. They are not transmitted to the car's audio system via Bluetooth.

By connecting the audio output of the iPad to the audio input of the car using a 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-to-mini audio cable, the audible directions from the map application can be heard over the speakers in the car.

Presently, is there a way to send audible map directions to the car's audio system via Bluetooth? If not, is it possible this capability will be provided in a future update?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gsl said:
The update from iOS 5.1 to iOS 6 was made successfully 9/29/2012.

Siri is impressive. I am able to communicate with Siri over my car's audio system via Bluetooth.

When using the map application, however, audible directions continue to come out over the speaker in the iPad. They are not transmitted to the car's audio system via Bluetooth.

By connecting the audio output of the iPad to the audio input of the car using a 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini-to-mini audio cable, the audible directions from the map application can be heard over the speakers in the car.

Presently, is there a way to send audible map directions to the car's audio system via Bluetooth? If not, is it possible this capability will be provided in a future update?

Hi gsl,
Only Apple knows for sure, what they will or won't include.
But suggestions are surely considered... & your's is a good one.

Chas

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree this is a great suggestion for improvements. I would like to request it to. Does anyone know how to do that?

Most reactions

Latest posts