What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATT the worst-just ask their customers...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consumers Report. Like the jackal giving the hyena a hard time. They refuse to recommend the iPhone 4 because of the bad publicity about reception. It wouldn't be such a big deal except one of their recommended smart phones has the same problem. The woes of AT&T are not universal, nor are the virtues of other carriers. It all boils down to where you are. The main problem I have seen is that AT&T did not have a strong presence in the big metro areas, especially in the west coast. They are making improvements, but the west coast can be a real pain to get permission to install towers.

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live and work in the middle of New York City. I pay for AT&T 3G service. There are times, when my Ipad has no signal at all. This is how bad the service is.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live and work in the middle of New York City. I pay for AT&T 3G service. There are times, when my Ipad has no signal at all. This is how bad the service is.

I use Sprint for cell phone service. There are times when I can walk 10 feet and go from full bars to dropped calls. It happens. Sometimes it is the device and not the carrier. Sometimes it is the carrier and not the device. Sometimes it is the alignment of Jupiter and Uranus.

I think middle of NYC is notorious for that with just about every carrier. When I work there I have had issues with every phone I have ever owned. I think it has something to do with the big shiny buildings and the cavernous streets. Just my opinions, YMMV.

I don't particularly care for AT&T but I have had no issues with the 3G service on the iPad.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess Consumer Reports didn't get enough attention, or attention that turned into customers, from the iPhone 4 whining... now they are trying again.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts