What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistive Touch Setting

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using the Assistive Touch Setting on my iPhone and ipad for a while. I wanted to try out this feature to see how it would work for my own patients with tactile or dexterity/precision movement limitations with hand use.

To turn on the Assistive Touch go to: Settings/General/Acessibility/Assistive Touch/turn ON.

A white circle will show which can be moved around the screen to place.

image-3912981934.jpg

image-1008881598.jpg

image-2732723517.jpg

Once the white circular button is tapped, it will show this screen to return to HOME, Favorites, Siri and Device.

image-3450650609.jpg

When pressing the Device icon...it will give you access to volume controls, lock screen (put device to sleep), rotate screen, Mute and More....

image-303019199.jpg

When pressing "More"...you can access the multi-task bar, shake to undo typing, create gestures and finally do a screen shot.

image-599258460.jpg

Overall, this has worked really good for me. I like that I can quickly go back to the home button without actually having to constantly tap the home button. It really helps in switching from one app to another as well without issue.

One thing I do notice is that the iPhone doesn't always go to sleep, but stays on. So in order to remedy this for now, either I can hit the device icon and than lock screen icon...or press the power switch.

Hope this helps others with physical limitations or that uses adaptive accessories for their daily needs.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very good tutorial, thank you. I'd like to add that you can also setup Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple-click to allow toggling the AssistiveTouch on and off as needed. Apple was very smart to implement these features.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just adding to a previous post of Ard's regarding the Triple-Click...this tip was brought to my attention by a recent post by Nikun at iPhoneforums. I wasn't aware of this feature until I started playing with it today!

Just adding the pics to what Ard had said earlier....

image-1329030209.jpg

Go to iPad settings/General/Accessibility/Triple-Click Home

image-3673178775.jpg

...you can easily turn the assistive touch off/on by physically pressing the home button 3-times...

image-61184532.jpg

...or in my situation, press the assistive touch home button to invert colors....

Way too cool!! :)

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts