What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ASK] How to insert data from different computers to iPad

number1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello all, I'm really new to iPad and have done the following:
- install iTunes on the computer at home
- insert photos to the iPad

Now, I want to insert photos to the iPad from the computer on my office. I have installed iTunes on the office computer, but since the iTunes in the office computer is still 'blank', will it erase all the content in the iPad? How to insert data to iPad from different computers without erasing the content in the iPad?

I have a bad experience with syncing. I used a windows mobile phone that was synced with the outlook on my home computer, and then I installed a new outlook in the office, and when I synced the phone with the office computer, all the contacts in the phone are gone :(

Thank you.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad can only sync to 1 iTunes computer, or it will prompt to erase all media.

jailbroken iPad can sync to more than 1 iTunes computer, with an add-on tweak.

please use search and see many other threads on this to get more info.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GoodReader, which can transfer data from a PC to an iPad over WiFi without the use of iTunes. No software is required on the PC, just the iPad GoodReader app.

Tim

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GoodReader, which can transfer data from a PC to an iPad over WiFi without the use of iTunes. No software is required on the PC, just the iPad GoodReader app.

Tim

same idea, but phonedrive app too...

OP
N

number1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you all.. I'll search for more info.. I thought that I can transfer photos just like copying files in windows explorer :(

Most reactions

Latest posts