What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Zagg Invisibleshields Defective for IPad 2?

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard that the first batch of the Zagg Invisibleshields for the iPad 2 are defective and not fitting properly. Is this true and does anyone know when this issue will be corrected? I was hoping to stop by my local mall and have them installed but looks like I may have to hold off for now.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
The first batch are already recalled out of stores and the new shipments are fine. iPad 1 shield can also be used and retrofitted

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks like on the website, the back piece does not fit the 3g version.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Display Screen Protectors

living2345 said:
Oh really so the stores have the new shipments already?

That's what I said :p

With the tough, optical grade, Gorilla Glass protecting the LCD screen ... why is it necessary to add another layer of visual diffusing material, that degrades the screen? Costs quite a bit ... if it isn't installed correctly, it is a nightmare.

So why bother? We both know why the big electronic chains push, push,push to sell 'em.

Last edited:

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I have had my Ipad for about 8 months with no screen cover. Why would I want to cover it up with a military grade film? IPAD and IPhone screens are awesome without it. Just be careful when using.

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
living2345 said:
Oh really so the stores have the new shipments already?

That's what I said :p

With the tough, optical grade, Gorilla Glass protecting the LCD screen ... why is it necessary to add another layer of visual diffusing material, that degrades the screen? Costs quite a bit ... if it isn't installed correctly, it is a nightmare.

So why bother? We both know why the big electronic chains push, push,push to sell 'em.

You make a good point, I just want to cover the back.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ummm...most with the new Ipad2 Apple cover want the back.....not the front....since the cover provides no protection for the back.

Just sayin' ;)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I have had my Ipad for about 8 months with no screen cover. Why would I want to cover it up with a military grade film? IPAD and IPhone screens are awesome without it. Just be careful when using.

Same here. I've been cleaning my iPad screen about 5 times every day for 10 months. I use a nice big soft microfiber cloth that sucks up finger prints almost instantly. The screen is still perfect. Short of dropping the iPad on concrete, you would pretty much have to dig a spike into the screen to cause a scratch.

I can understand covering the screen when it's being carried around, but why stick plastic on top of an alreadiy indistructable optically gorgeous display?

mhayslip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg InvisiShield for iPad 2

I purchased the Zagg Invisishield for the iPad 2 at Best Buy a few days ago and had them install it for me. It is true, it does not fit properly - the hole for the front-facing camera is cut too high on the Zagg. The HOME button is also cut too low on the Zagg, at least in the original batch.

I kept the one I got, since it was already installed, and Best Buy took my number and will call me when the next batch comes in. They will give me a new one with free installation. For right now, however, my screen is protected and it the Zagg significantly cuts down on fingerprints. I can't really see any distortion in the screen by using this product.

I am surprised that Zagg didn't check the first batch for quality control and accurate fit. Somebody dropped the ball there.

My .02¢..

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone received a replacement that fits? Zagg has great customer service and they have been very help to me in the past. I still would recommend their products 100%.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts