What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you waiting for ipad 3 or also know as ipad 2 HD

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
also known as ipad 2 HD? who coined that?

i am waiting for it out of curiosity's sake, but wont be purchasing as i've just spent my life's budget on an ipad 2 normal.

anyway, dont expect an ipad 3 anytime soon. also, why wait for the 3 when 4, 5, 6 and even more will be even better?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MacPad?
Hmm I expect it will be a convergence of OSX and iOs rather than OSX as we know it now on a chassis built on air....
Certainly looking forward to lion and beyond.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hell NO

The next released Ipad will be in just under a year. Don't expect to see it any sooner.

I use to work for Compaq computers in their product development group. I know how long it takes to design, source parts, build, test and release new products.

While I'm sure there will be a Ipad3 next March/April, the changes I would expect would be 4G data service, fast cpu, and more storage (128gb) Higher res maybe, but on this size of display I can really see the point.

4g and more storage will not cause me to buy a new Ipad.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyway, dont expect an ipad 3 anytime soon. also, why wait for the 3 when 4, 5, 6 and even more will be even better?
Yes, my wife does not seem to get that. lol she tells me to wait all the time. Maybe she thinks I'll forget. LOL No chance. I got mine day 1.
But I did wait for the 2. I was going to buy a 1 in Nov but waited and I’m glad I did.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Techcrunch is old news as is Appleinsider's link. Techradar makes some points... but from a manufacturing point of view, just meeting the demands for iPad2 is tough. Add another model and it gets worse. Then from a marketing point of view, iPad2 has no competition in volume sales. It will also upset millions of new iPad2 owners who feel cheated. But that is just supposition on my part. Apple is way ahead of the competition at this point in time ... yes it was genius of Apple to introduce A5 with astonishing graphics performance improvement. It caught the competition by surprise. That is why I don't think iPad3 will be offered in 2011. IMO

I know rumors seem to be fun ... gives the media clowns something to write about ... but just like the white vs Black bezel... It would have been less of a hassle. Trying to manage the inventory of 18 models is most difficult for distributors. Just look at the backorder situation everywhere. Everyone would have easily accepted black only. Packaging, inventory control is always more difficult with more options. IMHO.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a rumour sourced from a Sansom rep that the enhanced A5 chip could reach 2gig. Now that with the dual core would be some serious power, especially if the ram is also increased.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a rumour sourced from a Sansom rep that the enhanced A5 chip could reach 2gig. Now that with the dual core would be some serious power, especially if the ram is also increased.

The big issue with increase performance is cost and battery life. This is also why retina displays are not suitable for iPad+. Retina on iPhone was genius, to enable zoom to increase font size for better readability. Ipad is already great. Retina will degrade performance and increase cost, and may delay availability as retina has only been available in small display sizes.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they launch an iPad 3. Like what has been seed they are having a hard enough time getting the iPad 2 to consumers, then you have the iPhone 5 this summer, then the Nanos/Touch and so on in the fall.... seems like a lot to have on their plate. Also during the iPad announcement Jobs stressed that 2011 is the year of the iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts