What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appsgonefree now gone altogether I think

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something that I liked doing, is to look at Appsgonefree every evening to see what they had released albeit for a short time. About a week ago, the site hadn't updated with that days apps, so rather than mess about, removed the site (deleted it) and set about reloading it again. However, for whatever reason, it was no longer available/accessible. Lots of others were, but not this one.

So, can anyone shed any light on this please. I sort of felt safe using any from appsgonefree even though I had to sign in to itunes to get them.

I'm now using AppZap Pro, is this a safe site to use ?, does anyone know of another which is safe please? My family are always telling me to be careful where I pick these apps up from. They say that even if I bin them, they could leave nasties.
The AppsGoneFree app is no longer available in the App Store but should still be in your list of purchased apps, where it can be re-downloaded to your iPad. The app is still updated every day, there's been no interruption of service when I view the app on my iPad.

Here's a screenshot from today.
image.jpg

OP
I

islandman

The AppsGoneFree app is no longer available in the App Store but should still be in your list of purchased apps, where it can be re-downloaded to your iPad. The app is still updated every day, there's been no interruption of service when I view the app on my iPad.

Here's a screenshot from today. View attachment 63168

Thanks for that, I didn't buy it, in fact can't remember if it was pre-installed, no, just remembered, someone gave a link on a forum and I picked it up from there. As there isn't a bin to rescue items on the ipad (as far as I know), it will have gone presumably. Clinging to hope you might be able to help over this, in fact, what would happen if you tried to email me the link, would it work ? and would you be prepared? please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The app wasn't available in the UK App Store, and even if you receive a link to it now, and you have an account in the US App Store, this is what you'll get:
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The app is no longer in the App Store so there's no link to send. Sending you the IPA file for the app is a form of piracy so is not possible. I'm afraid that you'll have to keep checking the App Store to see if a similar app appears.

If you made a backup of your iPad before deleting the app, restoring your iPad with that backup is the only way to recover it for you.

OP
I

islandman

The app is no longer in the App Store so there's no link to send. Sending you the IPA file for the app is a form of piracy so is not possible. I'm afraid that you'll have to keep checking the App Store to see if a similar app appears.

If you made a backup of your iPad before deleting the app, restoring your iPad with that backup is the only way to recover it for you.

Thank you for that. Please don't think I was after what they call here "a hooky" link, because that's not the case at all. Now that I know that appsgonefree isn't available, I'll satisfy myself with AppZapp Pro and the App Store, however to establish latest free releases is less straight forward as you have to type "latest free ipad apps" every time.

From the UK I've just been having a skype with the middle east, now chatting albeit typing with you in Canada seems amazing doesn't it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Modern technology does allow us to do some amazing things, doesn't it?

I hope you can find something that works better for you than AppZapp Pro. The problem is that apps such as AppsGoneFree tend not to stick around in the App Store as Apple tends to pull such apps. If you find one, grab it quick.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can always use websites to find free apps. There are quite a few. Just google "iOS apps gone free" and find one you like. Once you've decided on the site you like best, use the action icon (box with an up arrow) and add the site to your Home Screen.

Now you can go to the site whenever you want, almost like using an app.

If you use an RSS reader, many of these site's have a feed. Another good way to keep track of new stuff.

For instance, if you got the Feedly.com app (or use the website) you can search for feeds about "apps gone free". Once you add them to your reader you'll get new articles every day.

OP
I

islandman

You can always use websites to find free apps. There are quite a few. Just google "iOS apps gone free" and find one you like. Once you've decided on the site you like best, use the action icon (box with an up arrow) and add the site to your Home Screen.

Now you can go to the site whenever you want, almost like using an app.

If you use an RSS reader, many of these site's have a feed. Another good way to keep track of new stuff.

For instance, if you got the Feedly.com app (or use the website) you can search for feeds about "apps gone free". Once you add them to your reader you'll get new articles every day.
Thanks, don't know what rss reader is.

Just added feedly it look ok, will study further later thanks, now will wonder about rss

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
RSS is a way for websites to give you updates about new articles without you having to visit the site. You subscribe to a feed for that site and receive either a summary or the full text of new articles (depending on what they decide to send). Most RSS readers organize your feeds so you can quickly scan through them, reading the ones you want, or go to the website for a closer look.

Here's the Wikipedia article for a more complete and mostly incomprehensible explanation. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

But really, the best way to understand RSS is to download a decent app and subscribe to a few feeds.

Feedly.com is the RSS service I use, but I prefer to use it with the Reeder app. Nothing wrong with the Feedly app. I just got used to using Reader before Feedly existed and didn't feel like changing my habits.

Most reactions