What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps won't download from the App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m using an iPad 2 32gb Wifi. My problem is that downloading apps from the app store never download anymore. It used to work up until yesterday. Now, any apps I try to download or update are stuck at “waiting.†I feel like I’ve tried every solution on the internet except for factory reset because I do not want to lose any of my apps data and things. I’ve tried syncing it to my computer, which makes the apps “waiting†disappear off the iPad. I’ve also tried rebooting it several times. As well as, signing out of the app store, resetting my network settings, downloading from a different router connection, resetting all warnings for buying and downloading on my iTunes account, and updating my iTunes. I’ve deleted the apps that were in “waiting†and tried downloading them again, and I’ve had no luck. I’ve also tried downloading one at a time, again, no luck. It’s been really frustrating. The only way I can now get apps on my iPad is if I plug it into my computer, download the apps on iTunes and sync them on it. That is very inconvenient. There are no pending or waiting downloads on my iTunes, and my iPad software is up to date (iOS 5.1). My internet connection is great and all the other apps I have still work perfectly. And I didn’t do anything different yesterday to spark this issue. I’m just running out of solutions. Please help!

Bex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem!!! I have iPad 2 wi-fi 64gb! Everything was working fine until yesterday!!!!

OP
H

hayley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy to hear I'm not the only one! If you find a solution, please let me know.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings, Store, and tap your Apple ID, then sign out. Sign in and try again. If this doesn't work, you can always delete the waiting apps and reinstall from the purchased screen in the app store.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

andlimcp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, I left it few mins and more and it will auto download. Secondly I try to log out the apple ID and it's also the same.. The apps keep waiting until few mins or longer to download.

andlimcp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this might help.... If you have more than 1 apple device, ie : iPhone , iPad etc.. Log out all you apple ID. For my case I have 2 iPad and 2 iPhone. I log out everything and sign back everything back to normal. Hope this can help

dbark1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke with a few other iPad owners who are having trouble downloading apps from the App store. The problem is not new. Nearly every recommendation/fixes we are seeing work for only a few owners. So far, Apple is giving a standard troubleshoot idea, but they are not admitting to a potential larger issue. In my case, the problem with getting the dreaded "waiting" notification when downloading started 2 days ago. I have owned my "iPad 2" for 2 weeks. It is a 32GB. Never had any download probs until recently. Has anyone received feedback from Apple re the prob and/resolutions? Any recommendations that have not already been provided?. Thanks.

OP
H

hayley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't done anything to mine since yesterday to fix it, and it has started to magically work again. Hopefully, it continues to work. I just stopped trying to download things and left the problem alone. Best of luck to you all. I hope y'all's starts to work again too!

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had this exact problem started yesterday lol but so far the only fix I found was resetting your iPad to factory setting and then restore it which I did and now my apps download again..

Edit:at first I didn't want to restore my iPad because I was afraid of losing everything..now I can say I lost nothing with the help of iCloud and my computer I backed up everything and I put all the apps back on my iPad..and from gamecenter and other accounts I didn't lose any progress on any of my games and now so far everything is back to normal

Last edited:

Roniwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was just my iPad!! I'm having the same problem with my apps downloading and updating.

dbark1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cellur111 said:
Had this exact problem started yesterday lol but so far the only fix I found was resetting your iPad to factory setting and then restore it which I did and now my apps download again..

Edit:at first I didn't want to restore my iPad because I was afraid of losing everything..now I can say I lost nothing with the help of iCloud and my computer I backed up everything and I put all the apps back on my iPad..and from gamecenter and other accounts I didn't lose any progress on any of my games and now so far everything is back to normal

This worked. I was afraid to restore, but I did and it worked. Thanks to all for your ideas.

Kdep2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this suggestion. It worked for me. This was driving me nuts!

sparki1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had problems updating my apps,I either get a message saying cannot connect to itunes or it starts updating but never finishes.Its driving me mad! I've restored my ipad2 twice this week and I really don't want to have to do it again just so I can update the 3 updates I've got to do! For now I've just deleted the corresponding apps off as they weren't particularly well used ones but no doubt I'll have more updates tomorrow with the same problem.This has only happened since upgrading the OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts