What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps to use ipad at work

Taylorir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, really want to make more use of my ipad at work. Things like taking notes, doing presentations, carrying key files etc. How much are you using your ipad at work. What other things are u using it for? What apps are you u using to make this possible. Cheers. Ian

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

OP
T

Taylorir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. If i have a presentation or document on the ipad, what connectors do i need to connect the ipad to a standard projector?

Ian

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has two optional presentation connectors - the HDMI connector and the VGA connector. For most LCD display projectors - the sort commonly found in lecture theatres and conference rooms - it's the VGA connector that would suit you. Be aware though, that not all apps support the VGA connector - though Keynote does.

Tim

ezhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi taylor...majority of our work schedule will be dealing with handling office documents, mailing professional documents, doing presentations, and moreover managing the issues etc no matter wherever you are.. In my Ipad i am using outlookreflex to handle all email communication on the go and for handling files & documents iam using filereflex by which i can access any of my desktop files for presentations. Also being a team lead in project management i use to manage my issues using bugsack.

Most reactions