What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APPS tab in itunes on Device... i do not have it - HELP!

david_itouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not see the APPS tab

WYTCz.jpg

I see Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts... but no Apps tab. I see the Apps in the Library on the left side, but not when I select my device. I have checked all my Preferences and searched the Help, but no success.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Your screenshot shows an iPod, which doesn't run apps, hence no apps tab. You need a iPhone a iPod touch, or a iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The picture appears to be an iPod Touch, but the software version is pretty old.

Try hitting the check for update button and see if there is an update you can apply. It could be an incompatibility with the newest iTunes and what looks like a first generation iPod Touch. Speaking of, make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes as well.

If it finds an update, I recommend using the download only options, and then doing the update after it's finished downloading.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are a genius TwerpPoet! I didn't even notice that.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch laying around. I just plugged it in and compared the screen shot. I'd have never caught it otherwise. :eek:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I have an iPod Touch laying around. I just plugged it in and compared the screen shot. I'd have never caught it otherwise. :eek:

Call me lazy, I would have had to get the almost obsolete pc out and synch one of my girls iPod touches and that's a job and a half when it's updates time, they will not let me have those little suckers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Call me lazy, I would have had to get the almost obsolete pc out and synch one of my girls iPod touches and that's a job and a half when it's updates time, they will not let me have those little suckers.

Heh, all I had to do was reach across the desk and plug it in, then wait until it had enough of a charge to turn on. With the iPad and iPhone the poor thing is badly neglected.

OP
D

david_itouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerp, you nailed it. It's a 2007-08 Itouch. I guess it is not fully compatible anymore. I tried updating the software and it says it has the latest already. so maybe it's time to get a new device ;)

thanks again

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
david_itouch said:
Thanks Twerp, you nailed it. It's a 2007-08 Itouch. I guess it is not fully compatible anymore. I tried updating the software and it says it has the latest already. so maybe it's time to get a new device ;)

thanks again

TwerpPoet strikes again! He's good isn't he!

Most reactions

Latest posts