What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for stroke patient

Robndenver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife is a social worker, working with adolescents. One of her kids, a seventeen yo girl just had a huge brain aneurysm, rendering her speechless and paralyzed on her right side. I want to give her our iPad (1), since we have the new iPad 2 now. I am looking for apps that a teenaged girl could use to communicate Sind apps that she might find fun to play with. Any suggestions?

gregzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rob, a friend of mines recently had a stroke and has great difficulty speaking I am hunting around for apps that could help. I notice that some hospitals are using ipad and the patient simply points to an icon oin the screen and it says "I want to go to the bathroom" etc, it actually helps the patient regain the power of speech as they tend to copy what the ipad says.

I dunno where to find the apps though

Most reactions