What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps crashing! Help!

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jail broken 32G 3G iPad running 4.2.1 . Recently, some apps crash and sometimes the homepage looks messes up - like it should be portrait, but apps show in landscape. Respringing will generally fix that.

I have tried soft restart ( 2 button reset), re syching in ITunes, downloading a new app from iTunes, unauthorizing and then reauthorizing my ITunes PC, deleting and then re downloading the troublesome apps - (that did fix ONE app)

Not sure what to try next. This crashing may have followed a recent update from Cydia or maybe its just a coincidence. I think I have plenty of memory left, or perhaps it is a ram problem... Not sure how to tell.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott

OP
G

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seem my post has problems too....

Anyway, the only fix was to do a restore. This means I'm back in jail and lost a lot of Cydia apps. What a PIA. At least it is working again...:)

OP
G

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip..

Although I wonder if it was something from a Cydia update that caused the problem

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although I wonder if it was something from a Cydia update that caused the problem

Cydia is wonderfully stable IMHO at the moment (since 1.1). It is far more likely that an update to one of your JB apps installed through Cydia caused an issue.

Do you know what updates you applied recently? Do you have a list of apps?
Particularly ones which mess with springboard (the homescreen / launcher).
Probably not much value in trying to troubleshoot it now, but worth checking compatibility of stuff as you are installing it again, just to see if anything is old and unsupported now on latest OS...

Most reactions

Latest posts