What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps and Iphone to Ipad

therealhaddock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just ordered an IPad2 which arrives in the middle of June.

This may sound like a stupid question, but when I sync it for the first time to my Itunes, do I have to rebuy all the apps that are on my Iphone or will some/all automatically go onto the IPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just ordered an IPad2 which arrives in the middle of June.

This may sound like a stupid question, but when I sync it for the first time to my Itunes, do I have to rebuy all the apps that are on my Iphone or will some/all automatically go onto the IPad?

You don't have to purchase them again. They will transfer to your iPad if you choose that option when you sync in iTunes. Those apps that had a '+' symbol by them in the App Store will automatically reconfigure themselves for the bigger iPad screen. Older apps that do not have the '+' symbol will work fine on the iPad, but the display will be an 'iPhone size' display.

The App Store keeps a record of all your app purchases and, even if you accidentally deleted an app, you can download it again for no additional charge.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But you must use the same account for the iPad that you do for the iPhone. Don't make a new one. I believe the setup offers you a chance to create a new account along the way, which is why I mentioned it. Don't do it.

Most reactions

Latest posts