What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Application wont delete!

inzanemedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded an an app called 'news stand' i cant delete it, it's not in the list. How can i delete it please?
Also when I delete an app. Do they leave any remnant of themselves behind?

Many thanks

enlightened

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't uninstall newststand unless you jailbreak your iPad. It came preinstalled with the device.

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
News Stand comes installed with the iPad2 and there's no way to remove it, and there's no way to hide it either. Of course, if you've jailbreaked your iPad2 and have Cydia, you can always install the "NoNewsStand" (or something similar) tweak to remove the app icon.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
News Stand comes installed with the iPad2 and there's no way to remove it, and there's no way to hide it either. Of course, if you've jailbreaked your iPad2 and have Cydia, you can always install the "NoNewsStand" (or something similar) tweak to remove the app icon.

there's a way to hide it. you can search you tube for demos, its difficult to explain. ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Easiest way is to dump it on the last page of your home screen where you won't have to look at it.

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there's a way to hide it. you can search you tube for demos, its difficult to explain. ;)
That seems to have been fixed in 5.1 so it's impossible to put News Stand into a folder. For some reason I can't even drag News Stand while the folder is opening - or I'm just simply bad at the timing.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That seems to have been fixed in 5.1 so it's impossible to put News Stand into a folder. For some reason I can't even drag News Stand while the folder is opening - or I'm just simply bad at the timing.

Yes, I think it was fixed. I don't think it's your bad timing either, as I can't drag it either (yeah, I know, two anecdotes ain't data...!).

Guess we'll have to as mentioned - hide that puppy way back on the last screen and pretend it doesn't exist.

Marilyn

Most reactions