What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Application Size

udana84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought iPad 2 and downloaded the applications like Facebook, Skype etc, but all those application shows in size of iphone. I have reset the settings but still those applications doesnt fit in screen. It shows in a small window at the center of the screen. How to make those applications fit in to ipad screen ??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought iPad 2 and downloaded the applications like Facebook, Skype etc, but all those application shows in size of iphone. I have reset the settings but still those applications doesnt fit in screen. It shows in a small window at the center of the screen. How to make those applications fit in to ipad screen ??

Skype, for example, is an iPhone app - they don't have an iPad version yet. That means that, while it will function perfectly on the iPad, the display is iPhone-size. There's no satisfactory solution to this until the Developer releases an iPad compatible version. As you'll know, some apps (they have a '+' symbol next to them in the App Store) can run perfectly on both the iPhone and iPad; these apps 'detect' whether they're installed on an iPhone or iPad and adapt the display accordingly. Earlier apps - typically those whose original development predated the release of the iPad do not have that functionality built in.

Tim

OP
U

udana84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx Tim!

So it means we need to wait till Facebook makes appilications which is compatible for iPad 2?:(((

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need to use the Facebook app - there are a couple of other apps that are designed for Facebook - such as 'MyPad for Facebook'.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the iPhone apps, you can tap the x2 button to blow them up to full iPad screen size. Ugly as sin, but there you go. And while nearly all iPad apps rotate to any view, some iPhone apps don't.

For Facebook, I like Friendly. There are several others. Some people just use Safari and go to the web site. That is doable, but somethings don't work well.

Most reactions

Latest posts