What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apples grow in New York

itzall4u718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Day 5 of continuous research into what I will be buying myself for the X-mas/B-Day season. Its been decided it will be an iPad. I haven't purchased one yet because I wasn't sure I would need or want another apple product considering my Iphone4 is magical (I say this as a former hater of all things apple. )

A few reasons why I did not want an iPad is because of the USB and additions of memory for the device. At that price i figured it would be mandatory.... and because of that I began my Tablet Research.

I don't know who to believe anymore as most reviews seem one sided and very biased.... I keep coming across this idea that some other company is going to kick Apple out of the Tablet making business... the iKiller so to speak. I never wanted a killer of anything apple just a neck and neck competitor. for example..... Zune's were awesome, then Ipods got better... Sony Vaio's were amazing then MacBooks became air-thin.

I'm attracted to the marketing plan of the HP Slate 500 or whatever its called now... very Business orientated but I hear its a shadow of the Ipad and its a dream within a dreamworld (Just seen Inception last night. Great Movie.)

So here I am... standing on the fence watching the Tablet wars heat up, yet it still seems there is no competition for what the iPad is doing currently and expected to do in 2011.... Which makes me wonder.... wait? or buy now? Third Party accessories seem to solve all the missing bells and whistles.

Unlike many others I want my iPad to replace my laptop. I want my iPad to keep me from sitting in front of a PC if possible. I want my iPad to be a media device, work station on the go, and where my Hobbies live. I want to be an iPad Music Producer....i got high hopes. (Cough Cough - Sorry )

I Think I've dragged this welcome as far as humanly possible... I'm a ranter by nature you will see as I post more and more.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy the Ipad! When a better tablet comes, sell the iPad on Ebay. You may not be able to do all the work you want to do now on your couch but there are so many other great things to do on the iPad that you won't regret it. You only live once!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the ipad memory is great speed is fantastic and you can cross sync your iTunes with both devices

I cannot understand the big thing about a USB port but that's ok with the accessory adapter for cameras and sd cards work fine for Picts

OP
I

itzall4u718

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend arrives at my house with his girl from at 2:00am. They are from NC so indeed it was a surprise... All the buddy stuff I am sur no one is interested jn but I mention this because he just gave his girl a iPad for chaunaka and she walked one right into my home. I spent the entire night talking to her and getting to experience it first hand.

I must admit it was magical. Though hers was suited for her in the content she has. I guess that's the personalization factor with a iPad and all the apps. I will be getting one it's decided.

Most reactions