What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s New Lightning Connector Will Not Work With All Accessories Even With Adaptor

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know,bit of a crafty move on Apples part,theres lots of complaints from people who having paid a lot of money to order iphone 5 now need to shell out more on this adaptor.

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
Aren't there 2 adapters? One to convert to the old 30pin connector and one to convert to micro usb (to comply with that euro thing where all devices should be able to be charged with a single connector type?)
I guess the last one is the one the euro sales reps suggest for in-car charging compatibility with what you may already have.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aren't there 2 adapters? One to convert to the old 30pin connector and one to convert to micro usb (to comply with that euro thing where all devices should be able to be charged with a single connector type?)
I guess the last one is the one the euro sales reps suggest for in-car charging compatibility with what you may already have.

This is the Euro adapter: Apple appeases European lawmakers with Lightning-to-microUSB adapter -- Engadget

How would it be used to car charge?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By connecting it to any old cigarette lighter adapter that has a micro usb plug on the other end of the cable?

That would depend on the buyer already owning one, wouldn't it? It doesn't sound like they've been bothering to find that out. You could just buy a car charger that takes the new plug.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There might be an upside for those who want to cling faithfully to the past: Maybe all the old accessories will go on deep sale. There are plenty of 30-pin devices that will be usable for a long time to come, though they're being turned into relics, lol.

Hey, I'm still using my Blackberry as an alarm clock. My Droid Incredible died or I'd still be using it. My Motorola Q was a piece of junk so I tore it open just to see what was inside keeping it from working right. When my 4S goes to pasture in 2013, it will become my iPod Touch! :) The 30-pin connectors and devices that love them will not be wasted.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the $30 price for the adapter is ridiculous.

Apple users should forum a group and gripe, gripe, gripe about this price. It will work too...remember, Apple finally gave out bumper cases for the IP4, but you sure could tell that SJ wasn't happy about that.

Most reactions

Latest posts