What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s new 3D flyover feature to surpass Google Street View quality

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
This isn't an academic exercise, though. We're talking about what feature users had come to rely on and expect, and now going backward with Apple maps. If a new car maker emerged now, I'd compare its cars against other cars available now, not against the first car that Ford ever produced, for instance.

I'm sure that Apple will do everything in its power to improve and correct the Apple maps as quickly as possible.

G

Grytpype

Can I just say that for someone like me who would never be able to visit all these cities. Having flyover is fantastic. It feels like I'm a bird and I'm actually there. So please, it's not totally useless
It may FEEL fantastic, but what actual USE is it? It is irrelevant to mapping. You might as well buy a game to do that — and it would probably do it better, too.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm sure that Apple will do everything in its power to improve and correct the Apple maps as quickly as possible.

Exactly, because atm the apple maps are shambles as far as UK is concerned, but one the coverage is complete it should be better, but the way things are incomplete now, googles street view does have the edge. I am happy that Apple decided to ditch the trouble maker google for good, despite not being ready with its own maps, it just shows apple is an honest company who would not copy or cheat, like android is, and despite the current map situation being inconvinient for me, i respect apple for making the tough and right choice and not take the easy way out.

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions

Latest posts