What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s iPad Currently Controls 95 Percent of the Tablet Market

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

According to new research from Strategy Analytics, as reported by Reuters, the iPad controlled 95 percent of the emerging market for tablet computers in the July-to-September quarter. The tablet market reached 4.4 million in the September quarter, up from 3.5 million in the previous quarter. SA analyst Neil Mawston says that the likes of Android, Microsoft and RIM’s BlackBerry all have a long way to go if they can ever hope to make a dent in Apple’s dominance. Android, for example, the second-largest operating system on the market, had just a 2.3 percent share in the third quarter, although Mawston says this percentage was bound to increase in the next quarter with the release of the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy Tab. But for now, and the foreseeable future, the iPad is leading for the front in the tablet market, Mawston tells Reuters.

“The tablet wars are up and running. Apple has quickly leveraged its famous brand, an extensive retail presence and user-friendly design to develop the tablet segment into a multi-billion-dollar global business.

Source: Reuters

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
After 7 months with my iPad, I have no interest in Android.... But, I welcome them to the party, and wish the OS well. Competition is good for all.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
isn't this like the silly windows is the most profitable OS statistic?? (think about it)

iPad is 90% of the market...hard to not be on top when you are there alone!

Most reactions