What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s Grand Central Terminal Store in New York Will be the Largest in the World

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Metrazur.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Currently Apple’s Covent Garden store in London is its largest in the world, but the New York Post reports this weekend all that is about to change following Apple finally signing a deal with the MTA to open a massive store in New York’s Grand Central Terminal, which will then be the largest Apple Store in the world. According to the Post, the 23,000-square-foot store will be sited in Grand Central’s north and northeast balconies, where Charlie Palmer’s Métrazur restaurant was previously located (it’s now closed). Apple’s rent for the site will reportedly be $800,000 per year, which is half a million more than Métrazur’s rent. After the initial ten-year period, the rent will increase to over $1 million per year. The deal will be up before the MTA’s financial committee on Monday, and then, if approved, will go before the board of directors on Wednesday. In its statement about the deal, the MTA said that it “had the potential to bring a great new shopping destination to iconic Grand Central Terminal and significantly increase revenues for the MTA’s transportation system.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/apple_grand_opening_qN2eAxoUYKl8NoCHhXNxdP#ixzz1SwktH5Li

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would love to see this, im over there in december, hopefully it will be open before christmas..

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's going to be worth every penny for Apple. I had read that the deal was on hold but, I'm glad to see them going forward with it.

Most reactions